Revel Consulting - Revel is what you make of it! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Revel Consulting

"Revel is what you make of it!"

Current Employee - Revel Consultant in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Revel Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I want to explain the two different personas that have posted on Revel recently and why you get two extremes.

Persona 1: "Traditional Consultant" This person joins thinking Revel is a traditional MSFT "staffing company": Many traditional staffing companies in the Seattle area allow people to "coast" without supervision. I know people who work at Bridge Partners, Red Cloud, Matisia, Simplicity, etc. and part of the appeal is that these companies allow associates to rest on their laurels and do not challenge, or give associates the resources to stay relevant. Associates who join expecting to coast will not last long at Revel because Revel's projects are increasingly on the cutting edge of digital business transformation. The hard truth is that our clients want to work with associates who are relevant.

Persona 2: "Reimaged Consultant--Innovator" This person is about self-improvement and is agile. He/she takes advantage of the MASSIVE amount of learning and development offered by Revel, including $2,000/year, Community events, and volunteer for pro-bono work. Why? This person knows that in a digital world, we constantly need to reinvent ourselves and stay up-to-date on the latest processes and tools. This person will have opportunities once he/she rolls off projects or create their own opportunities. This person is also okay with the constant changes at Revel as he/she knows it is part of the new world--where everything is disrupted, evolving, and ambiguous.

Cons

If you are a traditional consultant and expect to coast on 30-40 hrs/week, this is not for you. You will hate it here and give a 1 or 2 star rating on Glassdoor when you leave.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay relevant, but communicate better. Keep Revelers up to date on new opportunities to plug in and evolve. Don't rely on managers to do this. Over communication is better than under communication. I also love our new work with Adobe. Let's continue to find ways to deliver end-to-end solutions.

Aug 11, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We truly appreciate hearing from our associates. We are excited to have a new cadence of communications for our associates. Please be on the look out for newsletters... More

Other Employee Reviews for Revel Consulting

"Senior Associate"

I worked at Revel Consulting full-time

Pros

Good work life balance, nice offices downtown Seattle (if you work at HQ), great clients (Microsoft, T-Mobile, etc.), autonomy when on projects. Consider Revel if you are in between jobs and need time for your job search or figuring out the next steps in your career, but dont stay there too long.

Cons

Revel claims to be a consulting company but most projects are still staff aug. You really have to know people at HQ and put a lot of efforts in networking to land the more interesting projects (which is hard when you spend all your time at the customers), as the staffing process is totally opaque to consultants. Also, PTO is absolute minimum (2 weeks), bonuses are rare, and salary raises very minimal. The bench policy is inconsistent at best (some consultants get full pay, others get 50%, and some unlucky ones nada).

Advice to Management

Introduce more transparency in the staffing process (consultants should know what projects are open and be able to provide input on which they are most interested to join), have the same bench policy for everyone (full pay would be nice - people still have a mortgage and bills to pay when on bench), and increase PTO to 3 weeks (seems like the norm in high tech companies). Stop calling every projects "consulting" when many of them are clearly staff aug.

Aug 8, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We truly value hearing from both current and past employees! Revel does have a dedicated resource manager, who works with our associates and leadership to ensure... More

2. "Relaxed atmosphere, nice people"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people, a lot of opportunity to shape your own career and get involved in internal initiatives that can blossom into something to own and drive within the firm.

Cons

Pipeline of work was weak when I was there. Perhaps that has changed.

Aug 11, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback! Revel strives to create a culture where our associates can thrive, shaping their own careers and goals. We are excited and confident in our pipeline of work in... More