Revel Consulting - Awesome Place to Work!! | Glassdoor
Discover more reviews from Revel Consulting.

"Awesome Place to Work!!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate
Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. The People - Hands down this is the best organization I've worked for in terms of having smart, collaborative and caring people.
2. The Leadership - The CEO is brilliant, and has a lot of smart people working for him. I'm excited to see where this takes the organization
3.. The Opportunity - There is a lot of space to grow and influence in this organization.

Cons

1. Still relatively small.... so there are growing pains.
2. The back office can't keep up with the direction of the organization

Advice to Management

solidify your back office processes. Make it match the culture you've created in the rest of the organization. The company is awesome and it's a huge miss that the back office has so much trouble getting on board.

Aug 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your view point and experience! As Revel continues to evolve we will make incremental investments into our internal... More

Other Employee Reviews for Revel Consulting

"Senior Associate"

I worked at Revel Consulting full-time

Pros

Good work life balance, nice offices downtown Seattle (if you work at HQ), great clients (Microsoft, T-Mobile, etc.), autonomy when on projects. Consider Revel if you are in between jobs and need time for your job search or figuring out the next steps in your career, but dont stay there too long.

Cons

Revel claims to be a consulting company but most projects are still staff aug. You really have to know people at HQ and put a lot of efforts in networking to land the more interesting projects (which is hard when you spend all your time at the customers), as the staffing process is totally opaque to consultants. Also, PTO is absolute minimum (2 weeks), bonuses are rare, and salary raises very minimal. The bench policy is inconsistent at best (some consultants get full pay, others get 50%, and some unlucky ones nada).

Advice to Management

Introduce more transparency in the staffing process (consultants should know what projects are open and be able to provide input on which they are most interested to join), have the same bench policy for everyone (full pay would be nice - people still have a mortgage and bills to pay when on bench), and increase PTO to 3 weeks (seems like the norm in high tech companies). Stop calling every projects "consulting" when many of them are clearly staff aug.

Aug 8, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We truly value hearing from both current and past employees! Revel does have a dedicated resource manager, who works with our associates and leadership to ensure... More

2. "Relaxed atmosphere, nice people"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people, a lot of opportunity to shape your own career and get involved in internal initiatives that can blossom into something to own and drive within the firm.

Cons

Pipeline of work was weak when I was there. Perhaps that has changed.

Aug 11, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback! Revel strives to create a culture where our associates can thrive, shaping their own careers and goals. We are excited and confident in our pipeline of work in... More