Revel Consulting - Growing Seattle Consulting firm | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Revel Consulting

"Growing Seattle Consulting firm"

Current Employee - Senior Consul in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Consul in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Energy, working with smart people and ability to make an impact within the firm.

Cons

Pipeline is evolving which makes for uncertainty at the delivery level with regards to available projects.

Advice to Management

Keep focus on evolving the pipeline (types of projects) to more of a value contributors rather than staff augmentation. Expand on your digital transformation focus and maybe have dedicated development teams (Agile in nature including Architects, DEVs and Testing resources) that can take on multiple project and capable of designing, implementing and iterating on digital solutions.

Aug 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback! We truly value hearing from our employees. We are continuing to invest in all of our communities so that we remain ahead in the digital... More

Other Employee Reviews for Revel Consulting

"A great place to get involved"

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Revel is a place where you take action in your career and people with engage with you. It's a smaller company, so people come in with the big consulting firm mind-set. Revel wants to be different and give people the autonomy to grow their career or maintain work-life balance for their schedule. You see many negative reviews about the company from people who aren't actively engaged in the culture, and that is natural for any smaller, growing company. If you want to be involved in everything Revel is doing around digital business transformation, then you can be in the middle of it, if you want to have a balanced life, do great work, and be home each day at the same time, Revel supports that as well and treats everyone as an individual.

Cons

Given Revel is a smaller company, it can 'shift' constantly which can be a blessing and a curse. Things are attempted, trialed, and ended, with the communication sometimes being an afterthought. This can be frustrating at times where communication and newsletters don't seem to be on a regular schedule. If you want a company that pushes you do to do things then Revel isn't the place, if you want to push yourself and grow, then Revel has those opportunities if you're willing to put in extra.

Advice to Management

Stay consistent in messaging and actions. Consistency in communication with all Revelers is key to keeping people engaged.

Aug 8, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with Revel! We appreciate any and all feedback :-). We just announced our new communications schedule including upcoming newsletters, town halls, CEO Circle, and... More

2. "A rewarding role"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like working at Revel. Revel provides talented people a place to help organizations grow in the expanding digital economy. I work with people from a range of professional backgrounds - which makes them both interesting and valuable. The roles we fill are often long-term. Our clients range across industries, organizations, and internal groups. We are a diverse group of people. In my observation over two years, people are smart, work hard, and care about their clients.

But as some of these reviews note, this is not a 1990s-style consulting organization. We don't generally do short term "consulting" gigs where we land a team at a client for 6 weeks and charge 7 figures. That mold may still hold at some of the largest firms, but those deals are generally going away. Longer relationships are favored by many companies.

The consulting business is shifting and dealing with digitalization itself. Revel is, likewise, stepping through this emerging reality. Not by sticking with an outdated model, but by building its own approach. A process that it is doing rather publicly inside the company, if not always perfectly. Leaders are creating an evolving image of the organization. They openly seek input from associates. Everyone has the opportunity to step-up and contribute. It does, however, take commitment and time to make an impact - that's how it works.

In general, my work-life balance is good. I work a lot from home and on Skype. My salary and benefits are competitive. I enjoy my colleagues. I appreciate leadership as well for their commitments to growing the company.

Cons

A consulting model like Revel's where you work longer gigs takes some getting used to. On the one hand, you are with your clients a lot over a long period time. You are not an employee, but you are not a guru-style commando consultant either. The approach at Revel is more of a hybrid of augmentation and consulting - a model responding to market needs with specific skills and knowledge. The new role is a combination of the two. And the role is evolving. At Revel, you need to make the position your own.

I maintain the consultative position in the relationship because that is what I assume my role to be. If you let the role become more like an employee position, you may not get the satisfaction you want. Bottom line is that you need to manage your own expectations with your manager and your client to insure you are getting what you want from the gig. That said, I am not sure this is all that different than what other firms are experiencing.

Advice to Management

I recommend that leaders do even more to apply the principles of digital business inside Revel. That means clearly aligning our work to a strategy for growth that includes a digital outlook. I think the frequency of communication from the CEO should increase to build a greater dialogue with people across the organization. Finally, make it more clear what a career path looks like for individuals to see a long-term commitment to Revel clearly.

Aug 8, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your point of view on Revel and consulting. This is exactly the type of feedback we are looking for as we continue to evolve our company to meet the demands of a rapidly... More