Revel Consulting - Making it work... | Glassdoor

"Making it work..."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I generally see myself trying to make the best of any situation – the type of work and the range of clients (good to bad) included. People ask me what it is like working here? Before I answer I ask them what their current/previous experience was at their firm/company. Based on their response I would counter that they would experience the same here – hopefully slightly better.
I’ve worked with great consultants who have come and gone, and for those who continue to look (for whatever reasons) generally have good things to say that they miss about Revel when compared to the other firms.

Cons

Should be more ways to incentivize people to do more away from family & friends. Revel is great with community events and extra-curricular activities that foster team work and collaboration. But if I’m going to spend time away from my family/friends I want to see something for it. There has to be a way to monetize contributions and IP that drive better results/deliverables for our existing and new clients.

Advice to Management

I’m happy in the type of work that I do – and feel that I’m one of those types that ‘know how to engineer things…’ to keep the work coming. Revel helps with the ‘why we do things…’. I can see how others might perceive management is jumping from one big bet to another but I’m on the fence in whether I would correlate that to a fault. This is a highly evolving space, and I see people way smarter than me trying to take stabs at it from different angles. I like knowing our company is chasing down those big bets and Revel provides us the opportunity to jump in if you so feel inclined to do so.

Apr 3, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post this review! We truly appreciate your feedback, and am excited to hear that Revel provides a challenging environment that keeps you engaged and happy on your... More

Other Employee Reviews for Revel Consulting

"Growing Seattle Consulting firm"

Current Employee - Senior Consul in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consul in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Energy, working with smart people and ability to make an impact within the firm.

Cons

Pipeline is evolving which makes for uncertainty at the delivery level with regards to available projects.

Advice to Management

Keep focus on evolving the pipeline (types of projects) to more of a value contributors rather than staff augmentation. Expand on your digital transformation focus and maybe have dedicated development teams (Agile in nature including Architects, DEVs and Testing resources) that can take on multiple project and capable of designing, implementing and iterating on digital solutions.

Aug 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback! We truly value hearing from our employees. We are continuing to invest in all of our communities so that we remain ahead in the digital... More

"A great place to get involved"

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Revel is a place where you take action in your career and people with engage with you. It's a smaller company, so people come in with the big consulting firm mind-set. Revel wants to be different and give people the autonomy to grow their career or maintain work-life balance for their schedule. You see many negative reviews about the company from people who aren't actively engaged in the culture, and that is natural for any smaller, growing company. If you want to be involved in everything Revel is doing around digital business transformation, then you can be in the middle of it, if you want to have a balanced life, do great work, and be home each day at the same time, Revel supports that as well and treats everyone as an individual.

Cons

Given Revel is a smaller company, it can 'shift' constantly which can be a blessing and a curse. Things are attempted, trialed, and ended, with the communication sometimes being an afterthought. This can be frustrating at times where communication and newsletters don't seem to be on a regular schedule. If you want a company that pushes you do to do things then Revel isn't the place, if you want to push yourself and grow, then Revel has those opportunities if you're willing to put in extra.

Advice to Management

Stay consistent in messaging and actions. Consistency in communication with all Revelers is key to keeping people engaged.

Aug 8, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with Revel! We appreciate any and all feedback :-). We just announced our new communications schedule including upcoming newsletters, town halls, CEO Circle, and... More