Revel Consulting - Clients and company culture come first | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Revel Consulting

"Clients and company culture come first"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Kirkland, WA
Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- While most consulting companies have a tendency to force associates into specific specialties, Revel wants its employees to have a diversified experience and learn from multiple industries
- The company is consistently innovating while staying in touch with the latest trend analysis, vertical best practices and methodologies
- Vibrant corporate culture with employees who enjoy spending time with each other
- A focus on team and client success rather than individual accomplishments
- An open culture where all opinions are valued on projects
- Active philanthropist culture through sustainable giving programs

Cons

- The company is growing at such a rapid pace that sometimes there are informational gaps between leadership and associates

Advice to Management

- Continue to find inventive ways of getting associates involved with internal projects

Other Employee Reviews for Revel Consulting

"Hip, pure consulting. Every project is different, but there's no firm I'd rather be at!"

Current Employee - Associate in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Associate in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Top local tech clients, high profile projects, guaranteed income (pro bono work in-between projects). What's not to like? Very energetic, constantly striving (and succeeding!) in challenging their employees, and bringing the firm to new levels.

The CEO, Vikas is a force of nature. Knows just about every person in town, I think. He opens his mouth, people stop and listen. VERY inspiring, and VERY engaged.

Good mix of consultants from top firms and industry experts. Firm is growing very quickly at all levels...always someone new to learn from.

Management/mentors are as hands on or hands off as you like...you get out of it exactly what you put in! Want to work 40 hrs a week and leave at 5 to go home to your wife and kids? They've got that. Want to put in crazy 80 hour weeks and be a director in 4 years? They've got that too!

I really love this company, and look forward to their continued success. I am thrilled with my decision to come over from industry, and haven't looked back.

Cons

Coming from industry, it's been a little vague as to the conditions and terms of pay raises, etc. Of course everyone always wants more money, but for the first time in my career, I'm honestly focused on my learning and development, and not just working to check the boxes to get the next raise. Very liberating!

Also, client base is primarily in the tech industry, but that is rapidly changing with expansions into other industries. Nothing wrong with the tech industry, but looking forward to a broader diversity in the portfolio.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! The engagement, revelation and SD events are all excellent, and I really value any chance to interact with my fellow associates!

Revel Entrepreneurial Challenge was awesome! Will definitely be back next year for that. Would really like to see a hackathon or start-up weekend where we can get 30+ to participate and spend a couple of days going after a single problem as a team...

"Revel has allowed me to sculp my career by means of my own personal aspirations; a truly rewarding experience."

Current Employee - Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The level of autonomy has allowed me to drive my own career, while still providing me client work with some of the best in their respective industries. At the same time, Revel provides opportunities outside of client work that enables me to expand the way I think and work with others.

Cons

The level of autonomy can scare away some, as it is truly up to you to drive your career success. Revel puts up guardrails, but there is a great deal of ambiguity that can be daunting.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for ways to reward your employees for exploring personal interests and hobbies. By doing so, Revel can continue to strike a work life balance that is conducive to a happy, productive individual.