Revel Consulting - A PURE Business Consulting Firm | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Revel Consulting

"A PURE Business Consulting Firm"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

Solid focus on business consulting as a opposed to a tech, hybrid or staff consulting firms. An under served piece of the consulting marketplace.
The firm growth is through attracting experienced, smart and accomplished management consultants.
Excellent competencies in Strategy, Sales/Marketing, Program/Project, Process, Product and Change management.
Current industry verticals High Tech, Communications are very strong with significant work being performed in Travel, Financial, Online Commerce industries.
While fast growing, Revel has added a great elastic infrastructure of support.
The leaders including myself... by an large come from 'Blue" chip management consulting roots.
Salaries are slightly below the market but Income is great...there are ways to improve your economic value.
The firm is rapidly growing but is profitable as well, Revel has very good financial management.

Cons

Company is growing faster than its culture or said another way the culture is constantly evolving.
There is no clear vertical career path but many horizontial career opportunitiies.
No real margin visability. Easy to sell work (great consulting) hard to know if it is improving profitabilty.
Many talented hard working consultants but difficult to collaborate and learn from each other.

Advice to Management

Keep the steady hand on the financial mangement wheel
Improve business visibilty
Improve learniing collaboration across peer groups
More women in the firm and management team

Other Employee Reviews for Revel Consulting

"A breath of fresh air"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Kirkland, WA

Pros

I love the culture at Revel. What attracted me to Revel was the dedication to client delivery as well as the great people here. At Revel, I've been able to leverage my previous big 4 consulting experiences and my MBA education to develop and deliver world-class solutions to my clients. I love that my engagements are locally based so there is no travel required and I'm home by 5pm most evenings. Most of all, I love our Pure Consulting model which essential leaves no stone unturned and allows us consultants to be strategic in driving to the heart of the problem and leveraging our network of consultants in order to solve it.

* Boutique firm/smaller company so more opportunity to make an impact
    * Fairly flat organizational structure, therefore, less bureaucracy
    * Really smart, fun, and experienced colleagues
    * Flexible culture

Cons

*Not much variety in the locations (only have offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, and San Francisco). But that will likely change as the company grows.
    * Still working on defining much of how the career track is structure
    * Lack of any type of formal training
    * New leadership structure so some kinks still being worked out there.
    * I'm sure there's more, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons

Advice to Management

More transparency with consultants about the direction of the company and insight as changes are made.

"Lacks HR infrastructure"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Kirkland, WA

Pros

Interesting assignments; dynamic; opportunities to do new work (w/o compensation)

Cons

Basically self-described as a "staffing firm." Unsophisticated compensation system. Ambiguous career track/opportunity for advancement. Payment for hours billed only, + 8 holidays. No vacation, no sick days. Basically no HR policies/instrastructure w/any heft. Only bonus structure is for consultants recruited. Poor record moving people off the bench; inordinate down-time. Lack of clarity re: how/whether principals intend to address these issues, which are felt across board by snr (experienced) consultants. Pay < come comparable firms (e.g. Point B).

Advice to Management

Firm of this size should be competetive in hunt for human capital. Consultants should see a clear career path for advancement, opportunities to increase compensation over time, opportunity to revenue-share via bonuses for business referred.