Revel Marketing (Washington) - Great atmosphere but bad management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Revel Marketing (Washington)

"Great atmosphere but bad management"

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Marketing (Washington) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very team oriented
Other employees look out for you, even if they just met you a week ago
Great way to get the word "marketing" on your resume.
Work-life balance is good for singles and fresh college grads

Cons

Management will lie to your face (example: she told me they were not a churn and burn organization but after speaking with my coworkers I found only about 3 that had been there for more than a month).
They claim it's a "training program" and that you will be groomed for management when in reality its more like they are just waiting to see who survives the first month.
No mercy, no mentoring, and no money unless you pass their preliminary training modules. This wouldn't be so bad if they did not restrict you to one module per day and kick you out after 9:45 am so management can have the office to themselves.
If you take this job, you are not really in marketing, you are in sales. Until you move in to management (most quite before this) or have your own office you must sell as instructed at per-arranged locations (which you did not pick out).
Finally, Revel is not actually a stand alone company. It is yet another one of those "multi-level marketing firms" that trick people into signing on for manager training and then shove them in retail positions. I love sales so this was fine for me but I've seen people almost die out there trying their hardest to do something they hate.
Bottom Line: Until management changes, do not start your career here.

Advice to Management

Learn to mentor your employees or else tell them the truth about the turnover rate. Some people want a career while others just want a job. You shouldn't have to trick people just to get them to work for you.

Revel Marketing (Washington) Response

Aug 27, 2014 – Owner

Thank You for your feedback on your experience with Revel Marketing. We work hard to promote a positive environment for individual growth and development. We appreciate you pointing out the positives... More

Other Employee Reviews for Revel Marketing (Washington)

1. "Business no longe exists"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Seattle, WA

I worked at Revel Marketing (Washington) (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything it was a great company to work for. Unfortunately the company no longer exists.

Cons

The business no longer exists

2. "Worst Job Ever!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Revel Marketing (Washington) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people in the office. They made me feel like I was part of the family on my very first day. That is really the only pro that I have.

Cons

The pay here is horrible! You are paid either minimum wage or commission, depending on which is higher. You do not make enough to make a decent living in a city like Seattle. This was something that was not mentioned during my interviews.
    Management has no problems lying to you. I was told during my interviews and even on my first day that we were not trying to sell anything. Even after I asked and one of my other co-workers asked, we were told that selling wasn't our main priority. After a few days, I found out that this was a lie and that you are expected to meet a certain quota every day and if you don't reach that, management will criticize you.
    You must remain positive all the time! If you are anything less than positive, then management will call you out and will tell you to quit being negative. Even if you have concerns about the product, you get criticized for it.
    Unethical selling tactics! You are told to lie about certain products in order to get a sale. Most of these products are junk and no one would ever consider buying them. You stand around in a store harassing people, who just want to shop. Some of my co-workers told me they get yelled at every day by shoppers because they are harassing them. When researching a certain product, you are only allowed to research one particular article or video. If you use any other sources, you get yelled at.
    High turnover rate! The amount of turnover is ridiculous at this company. I was only at the company for three weeks and I saw at least 15-20 people leave after a few days or a week. When I mentioned this to one of the managers, she yelled at me and told me that they should be here. I noticed they were hiring constantly because they needed to replace all the workers leaving everyday. They will hire anyone! You can give a horrible interview and they will still hire you on!
    I could go on and on about this place, but these were the major points I wanted to make. They eventually went out of business and I must say that I am not surprised!

Advice to Management

The company is out of business.