Rewards Network - Was a good "first job" but not a product I felt proud of selling | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rewards Network

"Was a good "first job" but not a product I felt proud of selling"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Rewards Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexiblity, work from home, can make good money, unique product that helps you get in the door, the people were amazing, smart, and hard working. This was a good first job to break into sales (after being promoted from an Account Manager). I learned a lot from my sales manager & the company treated its' sales professionals very well while I was there. I felt respected, needed, and valued. Great team building activities and team meetings every quarter that refreshed our minds & motivation levels. I did not meet one person I did not like at RN. The company put a lot of money into making their sales force happy. They rewarded performance & recognized top performers.

Cons

In my opinion, the product was confusing and misleading the way we sold and presented it. I personally, did not feel good or right selling the product. That does not mean it is bad, restaurant owners do need what RN can offer and they are provided incredible reporting; however, the representation did not feel right. Basically, it is a tough sell and the people at RN are pretty darn smart the way they explain the cash deal to make it seem more appealing. With that said, if you are coming from any daily deal site or "groupon" & did good you will probably like & excel at RN, it is much better for restaurant owners in comparison.

Personally, I did not see building a career here and had to move on. It was not a product I felt proud selling, however, everything else was good about the company.

Advice to Management

Sounds like a lot of change has happened since I've left. Continue to communicate well to your employees and let them feel valued as you did in the past. When I was there I thought management did a great job and I respected their leadership.

Other Employee Reviews for Rewards Network

"Get ready- the pressure is on..."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Newark, NJ

I worked at Rewards Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No cap on commission, but no residuals

Cons

Disconnect with customers, highly pressurized environment- purely quota based sales job. If you can't signup 5 accounts per week, you're history. Rate is too high.

Advice to Management

Try selling the product yourself for a week, see how many commitments you get, and how many retain participation.

"time to move on"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Rewards Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

decent pay and benefits, work from home, set your own schedule, which could include night and weekend restaurant appointments, lots of prospects in a competitive industry.

Cons

The heart and soul was ripped from the company and have been hoping Blake or owners would realize their terrible mistake and make a change. HM clones are not what we're looking for. same old weak product offering with nothing new from marketing, member benefits are not meaningful and are pretty much a joke.

Advice to Management

We all realize that upper managment is the the real problem and does not care about us at all. We dont trust you, and that is why no one really cares or tries anymore.