Reynolds American - Territory Manager, I've done it | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American

"Territory Manager, I've done it"

Former Employee - Territory Manager
Former Employee - Territory Manager

Pros

Great benefits - 6% match 401k, Health , Dental , Vision. 3 weeks paid vacation. Unlimited sick days. Company car, all gas and maintenance paid for. Great employees to work with.

Cons

Low starting salary. Management does seem to have favorites. To be promoted you have to be mobile, aka you have to be willing to move out of state. Hard to be promoted if your not a complete kiss ass.

Advice to Management

Stop it with the favorites, each person has their own strengths and weaknesses.

Other Employee Reviews for Reynolds American

1. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Territory Manager II
    Current Employee - Territory Manager II

Pros

Competitive salary, great benefits and great opportunity for career growth. Tuition reimbursement is also a benefit. This company seems only to hire very dedicated and talented people. This is the first company that I have seen where I was unable to find a person that was not great at something.

Cons

Work life balance and rigid guidelines on internal career path. In order to gain a position in a desired career path you must first walk through all levels of the company. This is great in practice however to gain a job in finance, marketing or upper management it can take a long time based on opportunities and positions available.

Advice to Management

Allow for more career growth opportunities outside of the standard path. Or allow for an exposure program so staff can gain experience / connections in other sdepartments within the company.

2. "Very good culture, leadership, and training, you work hard and have fun as well."

Current Employee - Senior Division Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Division Manager

Pros

Senior management and brand marketing leadership is in sync with marketplace changes and keeping their Trade Marketing Team one step ahead. Very progressive culture, treats their employee's very well and strong compensation package and culture vs "like" CPG companies. Need to be self starting and not someone that needs their manager on top of them, open to their employee's personal time needs and very flexible within reason.

Cons

Public and media perceptions of the tobacco industry are very one sided. Once you work here, you see that we're just like any big CPG company fighting it out at retail and we are very ethical about how we do business.

Advice to Management

Keep keeping us one step ahead and give us good idea's to work with. Keep leading against the competition while exploiting any competitive advantages that present themselves.