Reynolds American - Don't drink the RJR Kool-Aid | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American

"Don't drink the RJR Kool-Aid"

Former Employee - Account Manager Trade Marketing in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Account Manager Trade Marketing in Nashville, TN

Pros

You can take vacation whenever you want. Good place to start if you are right out of school. The company is desperate for young people to engage young smokers face-to-face. The company will embrace you and promote you quickly.

Cons

VERY political. I could go on all day here. They treat everybody, employees, customer, consumers, like crap. They think by saying something it makes it so (we are ethical, passionate.....etc) They are anything but. Senior management has no clue. I was with them for 21 years, and the company lost share every year. Like playing for the Cubs- lose EVERY time. The company is hemorraging cash, and will probably soon be bought by a competitor.

Advice to Management

This company is beyond repair.

Other Employee Reviews for Reynolds American

1. "Great for advancement"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great opportunity for advancement, and you own your geographic territory. The benefits are pretty good. There is a flexible scedule which leaves time for a good work life balance.

Cons

The constant change in direction from upper management. We are defiantly not compensated for the amount of work we do. We are the lowest paid of all the major tobacco companies, with the exception of commonwealth. The industry as a whole is in a steady decline so I really don't know if there is a long term future in the tobacco industry.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Tobacco is a declining market and so is RJ Reynolds"

Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Territory Manager III in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

The pay that RJ Reynolds offers is good and so are the benefits.

Cons

Reynolds has a very unfair promotion process. People are not promoted on their performance, but instead they are promoted on personal favors and personal friendships with management.

Advice to Management

My suggestion would be to interview for promotions instead of letting management chose their friends over hard working employees.