Reynolds American - Not a good idea if I were you | Glassdoor

"Not a good idea if I were you"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They have very good benefits. You can also buy company stock

Cons

It's all depends who your manager is. You can have a very good experience will you could have a very bad experience

Advice to Management

Take more time and train your management.

Reynolds American2018-12-10
  1. "Great Company!"

I worked at Reynolds American

Pros

-Great people -Great company culture - Great leadership team in the area I was in -The company stresses the importance of the TM role and you can have a great career and retire very comfortably in that position. -Great work/life balance. Management entrust that you are performing in your position. Not a whole lot of stress by management as long as you are executing on the initiatives. -Absolutely should be considered one of the best companies you can work for. Made the wrong decision leaving. -The company invest in sales training that helps you in your everyday life.

Cons

-Little chance of advancement if not mobile. Just the nature of a global company. -The TM role can get monotonous each day going in and out of convenience stores but that is the nature of the position. -The company changed the pay structure after I left but at the time with the TM top out on salary and no upward mobility it left in a place for no more growth financially. Still a comfortable living depending on location.

Advice to Management

-Involve the TMs in local chain meetings and decisions as the tenured TMs are the constant in their territories as AMs are usually in the position for a short term. -Allow some opportunities for the TMs to get out of the field and do other projects from time to time.

Reynolds American2019-10-15
  2. "Good company"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people, good benefit. The company is growing fast, create many opportunities for career advancement

Cons

Winston-Salem is not the nicest city to live

Reynolds American2020-01-22

Discover more reviews about Reynolds American.