Reynolds American - Good entry level job, hard to move up. No commission for sales. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds American

"Good entry level job, hard to move up. No commission for sales."

Current Employee - Territory Manager
Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits: Company Car, Free Gas, Lots of Vacation, 401K Matching, Medical/Dental/Vision, Short term disability benefits, etc.

Cons

Company is slow to change procedures that aren't working well. The workload and expectations are totally dependent upon who your direct manager is.

Advice to Management

Have HQ decision makers spend more time with TM's in order to better understand what is going on at retail.

Other Employee Reviews for Reynolds American

"I'm a MGR, You're a MGR,We're all MGRs, Wouldn't you like to be a manager too?"

Current Employee - Territory Manager II
    Current Employee - Territory Manager II

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is by far the best and most innovative of the big 3 tobacco companies. They invest a lot into the products, staff, company vehicles, meeting and training tools.I believe they will once again become the #1 company in the category due to the upper level execs.This job allows for flexibility, growth, decent lifestyle (location depending), and the possibility of a career.

Cons

The job is pitched to you as a "promotion based on performance" type company. While this phrase is true, the reality of the situation is very slow, very fast or a glass ceiling. There are guidelines to follow for promotion but depending on location and/or district manager, you may be more likely to move up faster. This job can affect your personal life due to workload, travel time and total learning curve. Also the opportunity to transfer exist but, is very unlikely to happen.

Advice to Management

I believe that mgmt shouldn't always be as politically correct with the issues. I would adjust the job pitch process to lay out a likely timeline for promotion, have location options available, and have some positions become tenured.

"Awesome Company!"

Pros

Teamwork atmosphere
    Coaching method of leadership
    Room for growth

Cons

Long grueling hours
    Conveying and making sure business trends with Customers can be tedious