Reynolds American - HR Analyst | Glassdoor

"HR Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Reynolds American full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company offers great pay and benefits including health, dental education assistance, flex time, etc. I had the opportunity to work with some wonderful co-workers.

Cons

The company frequently downsizes so layoffs happen every couple of years. Ongoing employees frequently have long tenures so there is little opportunity for advancement made more pronounced because of the diminishing number of positions caused by downsizing. People smoke in the office.

Other Employee Reviews for Reynolds American

"Awesome experiences and opportunities have been provided to me"

Current Employee - Director in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Director in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am allowed to do my work without constant oversight. I have the opportunity to help other employees

Cons

Work-life balance is very challenging!

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and provide opportunites to high performing employees.

"Great starting point but don't stay long"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Reynolds American full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits, but don't think it's long term. You'll start off much higher but in the long haul you'll make less, unless you can move up every 3 years max. don't wait longer than that. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work there, so it's a great "start out" company. They will provide a lot of training that you will eventually want to take someplace else.

Cons

Once you work in tobacco, in many cases when you go to move on, other companies will question your judgement due to the fact you worked for a tobacco co. It unfortunate and based on ignorance, but true. Long term growth and advancement will NOT be as fast with other CPG's if you are a result oriented hard working, innovative type person.

Advice to Management

This is a more top down style run company versus a bottoms up company. Get in make friends and sound good and you'll do well. Used to be a very result oriented company. They do not value longer term experience due to the potential long term cost of longer term employee's. It more of a what have you done for me lately management style. Upper management rarely changes, reducing opportunity at the higher positions.