Reynolds and Reynolds - Take for the paycheck, leave ASAP | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

"Take for the paycheck, leave ASAP"

Former Employee - Reynolds Solutions Specialist in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Reynolds Solutions Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Reynolds and Reynolds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will be surrounded by fresh college graduates who, like you, probably had a hard time finding a good job. ReyRey will take chances on fresh college graduates, and for that, the people you work with will be fun. There is a 401k match (with a 2 year vesting requirement - few make that vestment period), and benefits.

Cons

Where do I even begin? In a nutshell, fresh college graduates are exploited for their ignorance of pay & expectations, while senior management rakes in the cash.

The pay is below market. The day I walked in the door was the most money I ever made at this company. The company actively pursued finding ways to short employees out of compensation; travel is always before 8am or after 5pm - which would be fine if advancement, raises and a high salary were part of the package - but they aren't. I received exactly 1 raise in over 2 years of employment, and when in conjunction with reduced overtime, I literally made less money in year 2 as I did on the day I started.

Everything you do is monitored. Everything. Codes to dial out and phone call recording, email monitoring (& reading by Management), punch codes to go through every door in the building, phone calls to customer phone lines rather than your cell.

There is absolutely no room for advancement. I was there over 2 years and did not see a single meaningful promotion. Career development is actually discouraged because it shows that you are attempting to leave. I actually had to hide the fact that I was pursuing a graduate degree.

I've never seen a place with worse morale. Everybody hates their job, and their employer. Everyone knows they are being taken advantage of. Even customers. Customers are forced to sign decade long contracts with caveats in the contract like "must provide written notification of cancellation 2 years prior to contract termination" - so a large percentage of the customers you see hate the company you work for.

I could keep going, but what is the point? The absolute only reason to take this job is that it is the only professional job you can get, and you are trying to gain experience. That is it. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone, and I feel bad for the people I know who are still working there. They must either not realize that jobs are out there at 175% of the salary with less expectations of you, or they must be complacent. The whole thing is just really sad.

Advice to Management

How can you sleep taking advantage of 21 and 22 year olds like this? You should be ashamed.

Other Employee Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

"Its a good entry level job, but there are not many opportunities to advance or grow professionally."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Pros

Good benefits package and 401k matching

Cons

Not many opportunities for advancement.

"No potential for promotion"

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Dayton, OH

Pros

Entry level
    Resume building.
    Loads of downtime.
    Friendly coworkers.
    Decent pay for just being out of college with less than an associates degree.

Cons

No potential for promotion, even though the idea of promotion is fed to you from the interview.
    Cannot move out of your department for at least 2 years, and even then, you can only move within the department (tier 2, supervisor, etc)
    No pay increase for either of those positions, by the way.