Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome

Oct 3, 2019 - Senior Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work/life balance. Very hard working and fun group of people to work with.

Cons

No real cons to speak of.

2 people found this review helpful

RichRelevance Response

VP, Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback. It's great to hear that you enjoyed working with the team - they are terrific - and appreciated our work-life balance. Both reflect our core values.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people doing great work

Dec 8, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great, hardworking colleagues on my team and throughout the company. Smart, good human beings who do their best to work collaboratively and get the job done. Despite being remote since March, everyone's really pulled together to stay connected with each other and focused on the right things. It's one of the few places I've worked where the company really lives its values. Products that have real world impact, especially during the COVID shutdowns when retail has had to rely much more heavily on their online channels. Good benefits and some creative perks. My favorite is the personalized bobbleheads everyone gets on their 1st anniversary.

Cons

We run lean. We could get even more done if we had a few more people.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Run, run away and never return

Sep 5, 2019 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart co-workers. You get to learn a lot from them. Many were let go during the massive lay-offs.

Cons

- Benefits: Industry offers better benefits. Benefits offered at Richrelevance are just meh. Insurance is expensive. No commuter benefits such as Uber / Lyft credits. Many startups at San Mateo offers better benefits. - Company culture: The culture is to hire and fire. For once I thought the current CEO has a good vision but he is worst than the previous one. CPO is the worst thing that has ever happen to this company. He brags about what he has achieved so far but when it comes to product and hiring, he made some terrible choices causing 50% engineering layoffs. - Product: Many customers are building their own recommendation system, thus leaving rich relevance. Though the company adopted some ML/DL models strategy, their big customers (more than 3 I know) have already implemented those before they could and were/are performing A/B testing to replace them asap. The company is in survival mode. Even if they get more funding, funds will exhaust and another round of layoffs will happen.

Continue reading
    6 people found this review helpful

RichRelevance Response

VP, Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback. It's concerning to hear your opinion of our products and leadership. If you speak to the vast majority of the team, this is not their experience. The product is stronger than ever with investment realigned to focus on AI and on features that customers value. We are observing new customers being onboarded at a faster clip than ever before with these investments. The leadership team is committed to continuing to build the company and have this remain a great place for people to work and build their careers.

Discover more reviews about RichRelevance.