Richdale Apartments - O-K Job while you are waiting for something better | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Richdale Apartments

"O-K Job while you are waiting for something better"

Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Dallas, TX

I worked at Richdale Apartments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to meet really great people. The days fly by because you are always very busy. You can take off whenever you want after six months. You won't get fired unless you do something very, very bad. Most properties don't have a manager micromanaging. You learn great people skills.

Cons

Zero respect. They literally don't care about any of their employees. No matter how great and wonderful you think you are, management sees you as a means to an end. Very little positive feedback but tons of negativity. If you want to work for a company you can grow with this is the exact opposite of what you are looking for. They promise everyone who threatens to quit that they will make them a manager. After two years that never happened to anyone. But a lot of people were promised that. You are always overworked because the turnover is the highest I have seen or heard of at any company. An average of 7-12 people quit every few months.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees fairly. Give credit where credit is due. Treat them like human beings with families and bills to pay.

Other Employee Reviews for Richdale Apartments

"I'm proud to tell people I work at Richdale"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

It's very rare to work for a company that feels like your part of something 'big' while being on a team that feels close and tight. The fact that Richdale builds, owns, and manages all of their properties and intends to hold onto them is very unique and something I haven't come across when talking to friends who work at the competition or when I've interviewed elsewhere. Furthermore, I feel very secure in my position. My boss (who is a manager) started out as a leasing representative so I am confident that if I continue to perform that growth is within reach. The team mixers are fun as well and a great way for me to spend time with my coworkers that I don't typically see on a regular basis. The pay is pretty good as well. I took a corporate position after college and I surprisingly am making much more than I had been.

Cons

I don't love working weekends but I understand it's part of the position and atleast I'm off early in the evenings.

"Great company to start and learn the business."

Former Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Flexible schedule, great learning experience.

Cons

Lack of communication from corporate.

Advice to Management

Better communication from corporate headquarters to office staff.