Ricoh Americas Corporation - Changing Industry | Glassdoor

"Changing Industry"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Emphasis on sales training. Transforming into a services-led organization

Cons

Selling commoditized hardware is extremely competitive and difficult to earn good money. The services-led transformation has been cumbersome. Order processing is horrible!!! Commissions are not paid properly in many cases.

Advice to Management

Fix order processing and get the proper commissions to your sales force!!

Other Employee Reviews for Ricoh Americas Corporation

1. "Disappointing end to a promising start"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work with the Oracle system and expand my personal knowledge base. I didn't like it, but at least I am familiar with it enough to take that knowledge somewhere else. I liked most of my coworkers that I interacted with via email and in person. Most cared enough to be very helpful.

Cons

There are some within the company structure that feel that we are in battle to see who will come out on top, instead of seeing the bigger picture, that we are ( or were) one company. The IKON vs Ricoh, us vs them mentality is quite tiresome and childish. For it to be allowed as long as it has is frustrating. Also, there seems to be different standards that apply to different locations.

Advice to Management

I do not feel that anyone would actually listen, but I would strongly advise that before any decisions on policies and procedures are made, it would be to your benefit to ask those who actually do the job. Get their input since they deal with what you are deciding upon on a daily basis. Not all of the ideas you come up with will actallu work in practice. Get down in the trenches for a week. Talk TO your employees, not their managers, but to the ones in the trenches who are dealing directly with the customers and trying very hard to resolve their issues.

"They had us work like dogs so we could go above our half fiscal year and they knew all along they were going to layoff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people I work with are great and hard workers.

Cons

They over work you and do not trained you on new process. They blame you when you do make mistakes. They buy companies and they layoff Ricoh people and hirer the new company employees. The upper managements do not care of you and will not fight for you on issues.

Advice to Management

Hire more people and give raises, Listen to your employees needs. Stop micro managing