Ricoh Americas Corporation - Great people, professional & good at what they do | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ricoh Americas Corporation

"Great people, professional & good at what they do"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation as an intern

Pros

A great company with lots of very talented and hard working employees. Everyone is very friendly & professional, which makes working with others and asking questions much easier.

Cons

It is a tough economic environment in general, so I think there may be a push to do more with less...but this seems to be across the board at any large company in the U.S. right now.

Other Employee Reviews for Ricoh Americas Corporation

1. "A leader in Customer Service!"

Former Employee - Global Account Manager in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Global Account Manager in Malvern, PA

I worked at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

One of the best companies I have ever worked for. They believe in customer satisfaction and employee development.

Cons

This is a very large company and it is sometimes difficult to find the right person to solve a problem or develope an opportunity.

Advice to Management

Paience and tact are two of the most important skills a manager needs to possess.

"Could be a lot better."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ricoh Americas Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big Company, Overall an ok place to work if you have a good manager or if you are in major accounts or not doing sales , Products are of good quality. Company could be a good place to work if they can figure out who they are and be

Cons

Identity of the company the company seems to always be changing. If the people working for company are not sure what it is, so how can the consumer. They want the sales staff to deliver message but again since no one really knows what we are suppose to be the message is different from everyone.
      Not enough advertising, Very few people in my area even know who Ricoh is. Makes it harder to get in the door and compete when they tell us to positions themselves as a Lexus or Mercedes Benz (while the product are good products)but those companies have a reputation and will pay more because of their Know for luxury and quality. If no one know who you are and you don't let consumer know who you are and how good your product are they are not going to just take your word for it. It just makes it your job just that much harder.
    My manager was a micro manager. This made work miserable. You’re in trouble if your 1 min late to work but no appreciation for staying late. It was a very punitive environment. Sales are tough enough managers should motivate

Advice to Management

Advertise! Advertise! Advertise! And really define what you want the company to be and stick to it at least for a few years. Train the staff on what you the company offers and pricing. Most of the sales people only know just a few offerings and more don't know cost. Way to much focus on how to sell. This can help but it is too much and can actually hinder natural sales people.