Ricoh USA - Ricoh - Fenton, MO Review | Glassdoor

"Ricoh - Fenton, MO Review"

Current Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Fenton, MO

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent leadership staff! From the CEO to the supervisors, you're in AMAZING hands with everything you could ever possibly experience working in sales/customer service. They don't promote on any bias, seniority, etc like most Fortune companies. They find the people that know there Ricoh and want to make this a life commitment as if they actually own the company. THAT'S the level of leadership this company and... location has. When it comes to insurance and issues with being sick, major surgeries, etc, THIS is the best you got, hands-down! I went through a major surgery that unexpectedly left me out of the office 5 more months longer than I originally thought was needed and they did everything in and above their power to make sure I was taken care of and my job was protected. Our short and long term disability people are excellent as well. Even when there was a problem, they handled it and if they couldn't do anything to help me, they gave me ample time to figure another way to resolve the issue on my end instead of giving up on me which made me feel great. The office environment changed for the better by 100% after I came back from my surgery from a change aspect. Last year we had numerous challenges and not only did they fix them, they upgraded our infrastructure to where we're running on all 25 cylinders instead of 8! I am thoroughly impressed with the changes we made from a technology standpoint, managing our company and our processes, and our overall presence in the field of work that we do. From a viewpoint of constructive criticisms, coaching, feedback, growth, etc, my supervisor couldn't be better at what they do. I have worked with this person practically since the beginning of the department and seen a 360 times 50 for this person's personality, approach, leadership, and everything else. If you make a mistake, you're not treated as a failure at all. You are given the information and tools to make yourself better to avoid those issues going forward. This is where I'll name drop and give absolute brutal honesty of my observations, evaluations, and opinions of these people currently in leadership I directly deal with; Casey Evans (my supervisor) - This man is who I mentioned earlier as being the top dog of leadership. He gives tough love when needed but isn't condescending, unprofessional, or inappropriate in any way shape or form. He LOVES our customers and wants us as a team to express that love through our skills as customer service and sales associates the very best way possible. He went from being an introvert that just put his head down and went to work to being the most impressive change of personality I've seen both personally and professionally in possibly my entire life. We are the top team in the department because of his superb leadership abilities! Jeremy Alexander (Casey's boss. My former supervisor before he finally got promoted) - THIS GUY HERE. What else can there be said but he is the one of the 4 men that built this place from the ground up. He's not part of the Matrix of this place, he's not the Architect, he's the CODE. He is a professional like none other, business acumen un-matchable, and product knowledge is like he invented copiers to begin with. He is one of the nicest, smartest, and most professional people I have EVER met. Personally, this man has helped me overcome all of the worst things that have happened to me over the years like an older brother I never had and I've never that from a leader at ANY job. Derek Reis - The Architect of the department. This man is responsible for us going from a small office in Chesterfield of 24 people (20 employees, 3 managers, and him) to us now being over 250 people including leadership with a new multi-million dollar facility. I have never seen a person be handed such a formidable task of literally reinventing wheel (before us, copier sales was face to face since day 1. Derek Reis and his team of leadership with the company along with who I call the 3 wise men of Ricoh: Matt Potts, Thomas Khuener, and Jeremy Alexander, changed that). He took a gamble of changing the game of copier sales and hit the jackpot with his patience, wisdom, business acumen, and ability to embody the company slogan; "imagine, change". Personally, Derek has helped me grow not only as an employee, but as a man in my ability to be more professional and wise in the workplace. Sam Mohr - She's our new "Captain of the ship" if you will. She, in comparison to her predecessors, is phenomenal! She has a fearless, can't-say-no attitude to making everything and everyone in this place better. Where I've seen her predecessors struggle with growing our company, making it better, etc, she has taken it in stride as if she started this place with Derek. I have absolutely no doubt she will be able to carry us to the next level of Inside Sales for this company. Thomas Kuehner - If you've seen Boiler Room, 2 For the Money, Wall Street, or any of the greatest sales movies of all-time, he's the manager that makes you believe you could sell ketchup Popsicle to a lady in white gloves. He has a tenacity for success and growth in himself and his employees he manages I haven't seen outside of a movie. If you want someone to light a fire under you to make you get up and start moving on your sales but not feel the negative effects of that approach, he's your guy! Tom is simply fantastic. Matt Potts - He was my first supervisor. He had very calm and reserved demeanor about him that could take you out of an anxiety attack about your day and put you in a relaxed state of mind by simply talking to you. For the short time I worked for him before I broke my back and left for 3 months, He was the type of manager that was watching you figure it out instead of telling you how to do it, blaming you for getting things wrong, and then he would jump in and get you back on track if you got lost. He, just like Derek and Jeremy, is very calm and wise. That's why I call Tom, Jeremy, and Matt the 3 wise men and Derek is the Zen Master of this place. In summary, I have been through it all with this company in my 4 years and 4 months working here, from the leadership, to the job, the medical side if you get sidelined with a surgery, amount of support from other departments to support you and the customers not have problems and be happy and successful, I sincerely CHALLENGE you to find a better working environment! This place, Ricoh Inside Sales, is easily the best place to work in St. Louis. Hands down.

Cons

Only con I can think of is what every sales person would say; not every customer buys! Honestly, NO complaints about this place going into year 5. I've been treated with more love, respect, dignity, friendship, and professionalism at this job than any other.

Advice to Management

KEEP GOING! We're doing great and we'll get even better over time!

Ricoh USA2017-10-31
  1. "Great Place To Work"

Former Employee - Inventory Control in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Ricoh USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The management team is top notch. They engage there employees regularly with enthusiasm and praise for work well done and are always available to assist.

Cons

For me, my only con was the commute.

Advice to Management

When someone does their best to provide a 2 weeks notice, but is unable to do so through no fault of their own, be a little more understanding.

Ricoh USA2019-09-29
  2. "Winning culture"

Current Employee - Marketing in Exton, PA

I have been working at Ricoh USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Innovative thinking, in a state of transformation with the ability to set the strategy, great opportunities to differentiate the business and yourself as a leader, Global brand shifting to new markets. The industry is going through a transformation and that enables Ricoh to rethink where we should be in the future - exhilarating for any employee!

Cons

As with any large company, there are the typical cons with levels and layers you may need to work through to launch. But that is necessary to ensure we protect the brand reputation.

Ricoh USA2019-10-17

Discover more reviews about Ricoh USA.