Right Management - CSC Account Director / Sales | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Right Management

"CSC Account Director / Sales"

Current Employee - Account Director in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Account Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Right Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work with great people!

Cons

Too much status que - not enough let's get it done!!

Advice to Management

Encourage bigger thinking

Other Employee Reviews for Right Management

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Right Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management cares about employees and listens to needs. Really works to match professionals to the best roles.

Cons

Compensation is in the average range.

Advice to Management

Listen to the feedback from the MAPS surveys.

"Hideous & Lovely"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Right Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

An abundance of wonderfully talented and smart people make Right a worthwhile life experience. Thankfully for me, a nice supply of right brain wonders with passion and a view of the world that says "Service." A truly interesting mix of conscientious people who all want to do a good job. As work is such a part of who we are, the business we're in is important and significant. We have the opportunity daily to positively impact the lives of many people. That's a gift. The work is interesting, particularly if you're a people person. And for all you left brain types, there's enough of that to keep you busy and happy. Our management team is fresh We manage large-scale, intricate projects that cycle the full range of workforce strategies. We manage talent, we manage people and we teach people to manage themselves. It's fun work! The people and the work are lovely, those are the "Pros."

Cons

For all of the greatness this organization holds in it's very hands, it's not yet learned the difficult art of employee appreciation. Work/Life Balance is as elusive as the Easter Bunny. It leaves one feeling a bit like an imposter. The very ideas it teaches and preaches to the masses, it seems unable to teach to itself. Long uncompensated hours, extremely low pay by industry standards, little to no employee perks, topped off by constant pressure for employee engagement. Rationalizing the negative is insulting. HR Leadership could benefit by a more candid, honest approach. If employees know the why, it takes the sting out. In fairness, honesty is a two-way street. If management is looking to hear this message live and in person, don't. People have mortgages after all. Resources are always insufficient and the employees are always asked to pick up the slack -- to give, give, give with little to no reciprocation. Before you say it, I know that Right's employees are thankful to have a paycheck. They all work very hard for it. But they shouldn't have to wonder every day if the price is too high. Right Management is an organization of contradiction. It provides enormous and meaningful contributions to it's clients, but unfortunately to the detriment of it's employees. I wish I could say I know the reasons why. I've been here a long time and I just can't figure it out. How can so many amazing people keep getting it so wrong, just hideous.

Advice to Management

Do the Right thing. People shouldn't have to turn grey overnight, age 5 years in 1 or constantly feel like they've been hit by a mack truck. If you're too high up to see the ground, come down here for a spell. We need you to step up and give back to all of those who have given so much to you (and by you, I mean Right) I'm sure you are compensated handsomely -- now do the same for the rest of the team. Don't be the parent whose always well dressed and well fed while your little ones run around looking like homeless wretches in need of sleep and nutrition. 1) Make it your mission to create better work/life balance -- You'll see the rewards. 2) Show honest and sincere appreciation to the people who deserve it. i.e.how about a perk or two. Trust me nobody is here for the perks, but when you hear all of your friends and business associates talk about the free muffins, free lunches, in-office yoga and workout rooms, free products and discounts, company sponsored field trips, holiday bonuses, inspirational speakers, game days, real bonuses (not just once every 5 years), well it's easy to feel slighted. You can do better! You're amazing, smart, talented and passionate people. 3) Do better!