Right at Home - Decent company to work for for someone with not much experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Right at Home

"Decent company to work for for someone with not much experience."

Current Employee - CNA in Rome, GA
Current Employee - CNA in Rome, GA

I have been working at Right at Home full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are understanding and try to give you all the hours you want, and they have been understanding when I have had to be out of work for something.

Cons

Doesn't pay really well and no benefits except for a few paid holidays

Other Employee Reviews for Right at Home

1. "Just another senior caregiver agency"

Former Employee - Personal Care Assistant in Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Personal Care Assistant in Exton, PA

I worked at Right at Home part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay better than most, $12.50 per hour for a two hour shift, $11 for a 3 hour shift, then down to $10.25 for a four hour shift (which puts them in the same range as everybody else in this geographic area).

Cons

I think the owner and his assistant (it's currently a 2 person operation) care a lot for the seniors, but are in way over their heads from the business standpoint. They just can't sign up enough clients, I could never get more than about 10 hours of work a week from them.

Advice to Management

No one is interested in your personal relationship. I'd rather NOT know that the owner and the hiring manager/office administrator live together in a "domestic partnership," particularly on the hiring interview.

Everything else is stated above. This is not the first agency I've encountered that just doesn't get the ball rolling schedule wise, it seems to be a chronic problem in this industry. Lots of competition, if I drive right down the street around the corner from where I live, there are two offices of caregiving agencies within less than a mile.

"Look Elsewhere For Employer Who Values Your Contributions!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Right at Home full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping elderly and disabled people by placing caregivers with proper skill set in their homes.

Cons

While dedicating 25-30 hours per week of my personal, unpaid time for 1 and a half years, the first time I failed to call off when I had a very bad flu, the owner terminated me.

Advice to Management

Get the business of this franchise more organized; have some kind of training for new hires working in the office; owner of the Santa Clara office needs to learn much more about technology and professional presentation of documents, as well as how he treats staff employees... makes disparaging comments about his staff right in front of them to other people, is not consistent with the way he treats employees as it pertains to disciplinary actions.