RightScale - Great technology, smart people, interesting space. This is not a place for 9-5'ers. We come to work and play hard. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RightScale

"Great technology, smart people, interesting space. This is not a place for 9-5'ers. We come to work and play hard."

I have been working at RightScale full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From the management team down, the culture of the company is vibrant, exciting. People want to be here and work here. We're developing technology on the cutting edge of cloud management and cloud computing.

Cons

Understand that this is a startup. Do-ers expected and you'll have plenty of areas in which to contribute. There's always a lot to do. Not necessarily a con, but you should understand this coming in.

Advice to Management

Keep our culture as we grow :)

Other Employee Reviews for RightScale

"Exceptional"

Pros

Cutting edge technology, experienced colleagues

Cons

none really, growing company means lots of small changes on the way

2. "Fun, innovative cloud management company!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at RightScale full-time

Pros

RightScale treats their employees really well. The office is stocked with snacks, drinks, and fancy coffee machines. Lunch is catered once a week, and breakfast another. Yoga and group exercise classes are held three days a week. The company hosts parties and outings a couple times per year for team-building and company-building exercises.

The company, and particularly the CTO and engineering architects, are love trying and embracing emerging technologies. This can be really exciting when you work on a new project! If you seek it out you'll be challenged to learn new technologies and find ways to solve difficult problems. There are period 'hackathon' events and engineers are allowed to work on projects they choose for half of each Friday.

RightScale is open to hiring remote employees and they make a point to keep remote employees integrated into the culture of the company.

Cons

The cloud management product space is nascent and ambiguous. This is an opportunity for the company to claim its space but it makes it difficult to understand the right path forward and how well the company is doing. It's not always apparent that what you're working on is helping the company.