Righttime Medical Care - Welcome Desk | Glassdoor

"Welcome Desk"

Current Employee - Welcome Desk in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Welcome Desk in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Righttime Medical Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The seasoned employees and mid level management at the sites are great people.

Cons

The corporation needs a lot of work internally with their values and employee relationships.

Advice to Management

Do what you say. Say what you do.

Other Employee Reviews for Righttime Medical Care

"Greedy, unprofessional, and unorganized company! Worst company to work for!"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Pasadena, MD
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Pasadena, MD

I worked at Righttime Medical Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the providers are awesome! I have made some great freinds while working there and my freindships with them will last a lifetime! The concept of this company is amazing if only everything else about the company was!

Cons

Everything else! I don't even know where to start with all the things that are wrong with this company! This company is unethical, money hungry, and down right disgusting!

Let start from the beginning! The interview process is crazy, you have to a have a group interview, then a one on one interview, then a shadow day and then hope that their site managers do not find something they don't like about you so that you can at least have a fair shot at getting the job. Management is beyond incompetent. They hire any one to be a manager exept those that are truly qualified to do the job. Managers are unprofessional, disrespectful and completely useless! corporate is so unorganized and those working there are not capable of answering questions if their life counted on it.

The lack of appreciation for employees is just disgusting. I felt like I was working in a factory in a third world country. We could not be even a minute late without being written up, you are not allowed to sit down even though you work 10+ hours a day. You are not allowed to take a break, eat, or drink. There are 50+ cameras that are following your every move! They do not trust their employees at all to get the job done! They have a "command center" where someone sits 24/7 and watches all the cameras for over 10 sites, these cameras can also be seen from the owner Dr. Graw's home and there is just so many things wrong with him being able to see us while at home in his pajamas! We have to sit through daily huddles, monthly meetings, and lectures almost daily about all the wrong that is being done but never heard anything positive. We are treated like their slaves instead of their employees when we have the most important job the whole company which is patient care!

Employee advancement is frowned upon at Righttime! They do not work with you on your schedule if you go to school. They do not look to help anyone advance their career at Righttime! Several qualified people asked to become managers and they refused saying "patient care is not customer service"!

They also do not care if their employees have a family at home because they will work you to the bone and seeing your family becomes impossible most of the time!

The patient care is even worse. Each site if they were lucky enough would have 2 providers (MD, PA, NP) working each shift, and they pack the schedule every 10 minutes with appointments and then except walkins on top of that so each provider could see 6+ patients an hour which is not providing quality patient care by any means. Providers get monitored on how much time they spend with each patient and if they spend more than 10 minutes they are reprimanded, THIS IS NOT ALLOWING FOR QUALITY PATIENT CARE!

GREEDY! This company is so damn greedy! Now I understand they are a business and need to make money but when you put patients lifes in danger it is unethical and disgusting. Providers are not allowed to send patients to the ER when they feel it necessary without the permission on the medical director, then once the medical director agreed that a patient needed to go to the hospital they have someone submitting immediately to the insurnace company so that they beat the hospital to the punch!! Whenever a manager stops the mother of a young child who is on the stretcher headed to the ER by ambulance to collect a copay there is something seriously wrong with your company's ethical and moral values!

I really think that patients have much better options open to the them with all the urgent care centers going up across Maryland! Lets NOT put any more money into the pockets of the GREEDY Dr. Graw! Who by the way owns a huge house and lot in Davidsonville where he host yearly parties with carnival rides and exoctic animals but refuses to supply his hard working and loyal employees with much needed and deserved raises.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate and respect your employees and most importantly your PATIENTS!

"SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT AND LACK OF RESPECT FOR EMPLOYEES"

Former Employee - PHYSICIAN - MD
    Former Employee - PHYSICIAN - MD

I worked at Righttime Medical Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Can get job easily when in a time crunch
    - Staff at the site (MDs, PAs, LPNs, MAs, front office staff, Techs) made it worth my while

Cons

I am not one to write reviews, but this one had to be told. Before taking a job here, I hope my review along with the others that have been posted here make somewhat of an impact on your decision. I, a former doctor (MD) at Right time Medical, got this job as I was in between full time jobs and didn't want any gaps and of course needed income. I applied for this job via a physican recruiter. I was granted the interview right away and made it to one of their sites where I had an informal interview...more like one of their doctors/corporate agent grill me on my medical knowledge. I found this very odd - My resume is far more impressive than a simple urgent care where you deal with colds, cough, cuts (etc). The next day I was offered the job without any referenc check needed. They had us attend a 4 day orientation (waste of time) before starting your first shift (which you had to precept with one of their corporate doctors as if I needed to be retaught what I've already learned in residency as a student doctor - this is their protocol).

Within the first week of working there, I realized a made a huge mistake. The only thing that kept me was the 1 year recruitment fee of $22,000 (YES $22,000) I would have to pay to righttime medical if I left before a year. The vast majority of companies have the recruiter pay back the fee - of course pro-rated to the time a provider actually worked. Out of fear I kept my head down and allowed them to use me like a slave. I was seeing 5-6 patients an hour; it was non stop; no break allowed to eat. They not allow make appointments for patient ahead of time but allow walk ins - so we are constantly running behind. It is impossible to see that many patients in such a small time crunch and give them quality care (ie - simply be able to talk to them for 5-10 mins - which when a patient is paying almost $150 if not more to be seen, the deserve this care from the provider). Although they close at midnight, we are not allowed to close the door until everyone is out - which mean if the center is running 1 hour behind, then new patients are still allowed to come in and be seen making the time we actually close much later - I remember many nights staying until 2 in the morning. Instead of saying job well done - we would get letters in the mail from the corporate office - mainly Dr. Graw the owner of the company - repremanding us about a patient complaint (which would often be a patient felt as though they were being rushed out too quickly) - there is no winning here.

During snow emergencies - when the rest of Baltimore is safe and sound at home - these inhumane beasts would pester you and guilt you to go to work. I remember on 2 specific occasions when a winter advisory was placed, they didn't allow us to leave early - literally no patients showed up. Instead of offering the staff to stay overnight at the facility until it was safe to drive home, we were expected to leave. The simple 15 miles I would normally drive to work took me well over 2 hours to get back. I RISKED MY LIFE ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS. This is not a hosptial nor is it an ER; its a urgent care to help with minor illnesses.

When ever you need something from the corporate office - they fail to retrun calls, answer tests/emails because they are always in a meeting - I have never heard of so many meetings for such a small company!! Lack of professionalism, employee mistreatment & bullying and greed is what makes this company an epic fail with a turn over rate that would disgust you. So before you think about making some easy (well not so easy because they drive you like a slave) with this company think about this review and the others that are all negative.

Patients - be aware of what type of company you are investing in - your health is important, but as is the health of the healthcare providers you seek for your needs.

Advice to Management

STOP BEING GREEDY! STOP TREATING EMPLOYEES AS IF THEY ARE CATTLE! REFORM THE COMPANY SO YOUR STAFF HAS NOTHING BUT GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT YOUR COMPANY. IMPRESSION IS NOT ONLY WHAT YOU WANT YOUR PATIENTS TO WALK AWAY WITH, BUT ALSO YOUR EMPLOYEES.