Rim Hospitality - I love it | Glassdoor

"I love it"

Current Employee - Lead Night Auditor in Roseville, CA
Current Employee - Lead Night Auditor in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Rim Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At my hotel, we have awesome management. Everybody at this level is treated like family. We all seem to be appreciated. I think the benefits are great. Everyone here works hard and is respected by management. Management encourages and mentors you to go the next available level. Management works very hard and is always available 24/7 for help.

Cons

Management is very "CYA", but that is understandable. I think the rate of pay could be a little more. Benefits are a little expensive if you have dependents of any type.

Advice to Management

Like I said, at least local management is awesome. I don't know about other properties, but I love it here.

Other Employee Reviews for Rim Hospitality

"Very In Experienced Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Culver City, CA

I worked at Rim Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no Pros for this company.

Cons

They hire you based on your experience, but when you excel beyond your bosses, they make up false reports so that they can knock you down a peg. They bring in a lot of upper Directors and Managers that they are friends with, but don't have the experience to lead. So their sales people tend to outshine them. They allow Directors to do little to no work to save face from hiring them in the first place. Most of the upper management are not sales people and therefore don't have what it takes to lead a sales team of people who have been doing it for years.

Advice to Management

Grow some. Promote people who EARN promotions, not who sit back and keep their mouths shut.

"Don't do it, stay away! Rotten atmosphere, treated like cattle heading for slaughter!"

Former Employee - Manager in Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Modesto, CA

I worked at Rim Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close to home! For a hotel developer, this is a company that looks good on paper. They are CHEAP, and promise the world (unrealistic). For an example, budget a 20-25% revenue growth every year! The company is growing. They are taking on a lot of distressed properties, (that others don't want). Scraping the barrel if you will.

Cons

Too close to home
    Poor benefits
    Salaries low compared to market
    Overall a "cover your own ass" atmosphere. Cut throat, hostile, and sour.
    Senior management are disrespectful
    Crazy turnover! Whenever we would call the corporate office, there was always someone new answering the phone. Same with property managers. Senior leaders didn't care. If they burnt a manager, "there's someone else wanting to do that job".
    My list is a mile long!

Advice to Management

Shop your competition. If you want to be the "leader" you think you are, offer salaries, benefits, and perks that are the best in the business. Not cut to the bone, bare minimum. Treat your employees with respect. Open hatred towards RIM among the on property leaders, (department heads, supervisors, sales, ops, and general management). At management outings, and meetings - there's a sense of fear. Not a positive environment.