Rim Hospitality - I love it | Glassdoor

"I love it"

Current Employee - Lead Night Auditor in Roseville, CA
Current Employee - Lead Night Auditor in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Rim Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At my hotel, we have awesome management. Everybody at this level is treated like family. We all seem to be appreciated. I think the benefits are great. Everyone here works hard and is respected by management. Management encourages and mentors you to go the next available level. Management works very hard and is always available 24/7 for help.

Cons

Management is very "CYA", but that is understandable. I think the rate of pay could be a little more. Benefits are a little expensive if you have dependents of any type.

Advice to Management

Like I said, at least local management is awesome. I don't know about other properties, but I love it here.

Other Employee Reviews for Rim Hospitality

"Working for Rim Hospitality was the worst experience of my 25 year career in the hotel business."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Rim Hospitality full-time

Pros

None. If your property is going to be managed by Rim it's a great time to investigate other opportunities.

Cons

The upper management team demonstrates an air of grandiose expertise in the hospitality business, nothing could be further from the truth. HR is rude and disinterested. Regional folks arrive at your property barking orders without ever developing even the most basic understanding of your property location or customer base.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees respectfully and get over your big egos.

"Very In Experienced Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Culver City, CA

I worked at Rim Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no Pros for this company.

Cons

They hire you based on your experience, but when you excel beyond your bosses, they make up false reports so that they can knock you down a peg. They bring in a lot of upper Directors and Managers that they are friends with, but don't have the experience to lead. So their sales people tend to outshine them. They allow Directors to do little to no work to save face from hiring them in the first place. Most of the upper management are not sales people and therefore don't have what it takes to lead a sales team of people who have been doing it for years.

Advice to Management

Grow some. Promote people who EARN promotions, not who sit back and keep their mouths shut.