Riot Games - Not for the faint of heart | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Riot Games

"Not for the faint of heart"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Santa Monica, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Riot Games full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Feels like unlimited opportunity if you're the kind of person to seek, own, and rock your destiny. Core values are truly felt throughout the company. I've never felt so challenged and rewarded in my career. Company seems to pivot pretty easily, which can create some short-lived confusion at times but it's better than a company that is slow, reluctant, or unable to change. Expectations are high from the ground up so this is not a place where people can coast or get by on lip service very easily.

Cons

Things can get messy when you have smart, demanding people from different disciplines coming together to do something as complex as what we do.
Hours can be rough, which happens when you work on games or software development.

Other Employee Reviews for Riot Games

"An exciting place to go to work everyday"

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Riot Games full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fast paced environment where you don't have to be stuck doing the same thing every day
    - Lots of opportunity to pursue areas you are passionate about, not just what your job title is
    - Riot is a place where you can really step in and make an impact, regardless of your level
    - Everyone is aligned on the company's goal: To be the most player-centered game company in the world.

Cons

- Lack of organization can sometimes cause headaches when trying to work across teams

"If you like building Software, then RiotGames is an awesome place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Riot Games full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- A flat organization, engineering driven culture.
    - The company rewards risk takers that deliver awesome experience for our players.
    - I get to have an impact on millions of players, how cool is that?
    - I work with smart, passionate people. They make me a better engineer and developer and I am constantly trying to keep my skills sharp to keep up. I love it!

Cons

- The flip side of a flat organization is a bit of chaos. A bit of chaos can drive innovation, but sometimes it is a bit much. We're working on it.
    - We need to improve our ability to create processes that help us build our game better and reduce errors in our pipeline.