Riot Games - Phenomenal | Glassdoor

"Phenomenal"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Riot Games full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Staffed with the best, brightest, and most collaborative developers in the industry. This is a friendly environment where people lift each other up to produce the greatest things possible for the players, as opposed to tear each other down in an attempt to climb a ladder.

Incredible attention is paid towards ensuring employee satisfaction. From great perks (free food, video game fund, fun group/team/company outings, tons of League of Legends goodies, a responsibly relaxed expense policy and more) to a PTO-less attendance policy (just take off when you need to), Riot consistently evaluates and looks for new ways to create a phenomenal place to work.

An unwavering commitment to creating the best gaming experience for players. Many decisions are made for the greater good of the player despite any associated financial burden. This is a company with a long view, not one concerned about maximizing revenue for the next quarter.

Enormous growth opportunity for every imaginable position.

Cons

Apparently I cannot leave this blank. How about this, when I find a real solid con I'll update this section?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Other Employee Reviews for Riot Games

"Best job I have ever had"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Riot Games full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the best job I have ever had by a long shot. I love working with such passionate, intelligent and fun people! The work is challenging and interesting and the sky is the limit in terms of personal and company growth. There is a growth path for everyone in the company that works hard. Rioters have the choice to contribute as an individual or grow into a leadership role, it’s up to each person – even the hiring and recruiting process is open for involvement. I was brought in as an engineer and now have been able to build and lead a team!

The perks are great too – we do a lot of fun activities (e.g. movies, baseball games, weekend getaways, paintball, etc.). There is a great coffee machine and a kegerator at the St. Louis office :-D and travel perks include traveling to other Riot offices across the globe.

Overall, a great place to work!

Cons

Honestly, not many cons come to mind. As with many companies that have experienced the amount of growth that Riot has in such a short time, we have growing pains such as the accumulation of tech debt. The tech debt is understood and being addressed.

"Not for the faint of heart"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Riot Games full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Feels like unlimited opportunity if you're the kind of person to seek, own, and rock your destiny. Core values are truly felt throughout the company. I've never felt so challenged and rewarded in my career. Company seems to pivot pretty easily, which can create some short-lived confusion at times but it's better than a company that is slow, reluctant, or unable to change. Expectations are high from the ground up so this is not a place where people can coast or get by on lip service very easily.

Cons

Things can get messy when you have smart, demanding people from different disciplines coming together to do something as complex as what we do.
    Hours can be rough, which happens when you work on games or software development.