Riot Games - Fast-paced and Fun | Glassdoor

"Fast-paced and Fun"

I have been working at Riot Games full-time

Pros

Everyone really believes in the product and are passionate about what they do. Smart people, most of whom are down to earth (not too many egos) and Riot does well in keeping their employees happy. If you enjoy constantly being challenged, growing as a person, a fast-paced environment and learning, you'll get all of that here.

Cons

TONS of work which makes for regular long hours ... doesn't always feel like a "con", but might not work for all people.

Advice to Management

Seem to be fooled by poor leaders. You guys are too smart for that. Pay attention.

Riot Games Response

Jul 23, 2014 – Director of Communications

Hi -- Thanks a bunch for the review. Glassdoor is a great way for candidates to get an accurate sense of what it's like to work at Riot, and so a diversity of voices on here is great... More

Other Employee Reviews for Riot Games

"Challenging and rewarding"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Riot Games full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best group of folks I have ever had the pleasure of working with, and I've been doing the software gig for a long time. Everyone, from summer college interns to senior crew have insightful, relevant perspectives to offer to anyone willing to ask. I know that I can go to _anyone_ at Riot, President on down, with a question, off the wall idea, or concern and get a thoughtful non-bullcrap response from them. I cannot stress how awesome and valuable this is.

Riot is fantastic at promoting personal growth. If you get hired in a position but decide you might be a better fit or happier elsewhere in the org, they go above and beyond to help you transition and succeed.

Cons

Not much to say here. Prior to Riot, I worked with firms where downtime or interruptions more than a couple seconds long would lead to Very Bad Things. Sometimes we identify player-impacting problems with straightforward solutions that take, in my opinion, too much time to implement.

"not bad"

Pros

-good environment compared to other gaming companies
    -lots of gaming perks
    -learn about other departments and their work

Cons

-long hours
    -pay isn't where it can be
    -the usual office politics can be annoying and difficult to deal with