Ripple - Interesting technology with a need of culture | Glassdoor

"Interesting technology with a need of culture"

Current Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ripple full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fast pace - Unlimited PTO - Some snacks and weekly lunches - Some benefits

Cons

- Work/Life Balance isn't there for most Full Time Employees - Company culture reflects too closely to financial companies - Hiring only management with no experience - Hierarchy based company - No one wants to take initiative and pass tasks around like hot-potato - Hiring fast but just to fill seats, not for progressive work.

Advice to Management

There is no clear understanding on where or how the company wants to progress. It is exhausting when the mission statement is stated every week but no follow through between the real-world problems and what we are trying to solve. Very loose pieces between management and who they report to. Departments are so interacted within each other it makes it seem that there are cliche's within the company and no real community.

Ripple2018-03-09
  1. "Best Company I Have Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ripple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ripple is a fast-growing company run by experienced leadership, and it really shows. The way Ripple is growing is focused and calculated, and things like 401k matching and charity donation matching are amazing things for a company of our size. Since we're growing fast, there are real growth opportunities for everyone, and the company is invested in each persons' career growth with a development stipend and Ripple-made training courses hosted by People Ops.

Cons

Continue to understand the competition, and take it seriously, as this space will keep heating up. We're in the very early innings.

Advice to Management

Brad and his team are amazing, humble, and approachable. Continue to set the tone for the company - it really does trickle down to all parts of the team.

Ripple2019-09-16

"Great Company, AMAZING team and culture"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator

I have been working at Ripple full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great leadership team that is authentic and transparent // Motivating colleagues who truly want to help you grow // Modern workspace with great perks; snack, weekly catered lunches, massages

Cons

Although we have pre-tax commuter benefits, it would be nice to have the company contribute any dollar amount to help with the rising Bart cost.

Ripple2019-08-19

Discover more reviews about Ripple.