Ripple - Wonderful environment and mission | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ripple

"Wonderful environment and mission"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ripple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The business has a cool and unusual opportunity to help and enhance - not compete with - market incumbents.

The company is full of civic-minded, deeply thoughtful people who are concerned with maximizing financial inclusion in the world by lowering costs for everyone. This is contrary to some misconceptions about the company's intentions and values. I am a huge fan of my colleagues.

Culture of merit and transparency. Good ideas make their way around the company very quickly. Chris (CEO) does an awesome job of cultivating this attitude.

There is an exciting sense of uncertainty about what the future holds for the technology. After 6 months of beginning a new initiative addressing a specific industry, we are already cooperating with some of the largest players in the space.

Cons

As the business evolves, the company is experiencing growing pains. For example, sometimes it seems like some groups are catching up to others in working toward a set of goals, which are rapidly changing. That said, not unusual for a young company, and not difficult to solve.

Advice to Management

Ensure that you continue to foster a cohesive company by hiring and retaining positive people, and identifying and addressing people who aren't happy with their work or colleagues. Hiring jerks is a risk for any company.

Other Employee Reviews for Ripple

1. "Amazing culture & people; brilliant technology & product"

I have been working at Ripple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked at a number of startups and Ripple Labs is by far the most exciting company I have ever worked at. My colleagues are exceptionally bright, down to earth, passionate, and helpful. Not only has the company has gone to great lengths in managing to recruit top talent, they have ensured that hiring people who are genuinely kind, with a team player mindset, and most of all, humility. Ripple also has a very strong engineering culture.

Cons

While the company is going through its natural startup growth pains, management has recently hired some folks across Finance, HR, and administrative support to bring more organization and structure into place. While progress is being made, we are desperately needing more office space so we can have better communications between teams. Management has said that we are a few weeks away from the move, and once that happens, things are going to be even more awesome!

Advice to Management

We already do a great job of being open and transparent, but I just hope that we maintain this as we get bigger as a company.

"Great team, culture, and mission"

I have been working at Ripple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ripple Labs is working on a payment layer that could have profound impact globally. It's exciting to be a part of this supportive team, facing new challenges everyday. The culture here is great, and the team is very talented coming from diverse backgrounds. The company is very flexible with time-off policies and understands work-life balance. Overall, definitely a great place to work.

Cons

As Ripple Labs continues to grow rapidly, it's running into some typical startup growth pains such as lack of office space and implementing a more stable operational structure at a company level. Fortunately, the company is moving quickly to address these concerns and other issues that may come up.