Ripple - Challenging, Stimulating Environment | Glassdoor

"Challenging, Stimulating Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ripple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ripple Labs was designed to be a place of constant innovation and learning, and that clearly carries through to the day-to-day environment. The entire team is smart, helpful, and passionate about their jobs. Everyone is extremely willing to help new employees learn, and there are weekly lunch and learn meetings to foster better understanding of cross-team topics. I knew as soon as I walked into my interview that this was absolutely the place for me.

It's an awesome time to be working at Ripple Labs, as we're growing rapidly and witnessing new, exciting developments everyday. It feels amazing to be part of building a product that is on the brink of transforming the finance industry. For people who are motivated by plugging into a larger vision, this is an environment where you really have a chance to shape the future.

Cons

Ripple is admittedly a complex technology for those of us who haven't come from a financial or cryptography background, so it takes patience and time to get up to speed. This is offset by the ample opportunities for learning. We're also in rapid growth stage which always comes with some minor growing pains, but the leadership team is well aware of the challenges and experienced in making the growth period as smooth as possible.

Advice to Management

The leadership team has done a great job of maintaining an open, constructive environment in the past, where everyone feels in the loop on the latest updates and able to provide input on company decisions. Let's make sure this continues as we add new team members and continue to foster a friendly, family-like environment.

Other Employee Reviews for Ripple

"Engaging academic environment"

I have been working at Ripple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've found almost the whole team to be super engaged and passionate about what we're building. The lack of get rich quick mentality is really great. Management and the team really are more focused on bringing positive change to the financial world, rather than on chasing a payout. Tons of opportunity to grow, as the leaders in all areas are very experienced and willing to engage.

Cons

Typical challenge of too much to do, in too little time.

Advice to Management

Keep it going! Communication of economics of distribution strategy and long term vision could be better.

2. "Open, Inclusive, Constructive"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ripple full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ripple Labs has the opportunity to improve financial settlement worldwide. The leadership is committed to achieving this goal, not as a disruptive startup, but as a constructive partner in the financial industry.
    The development team is passionate about open source software.
    Management is continually exploring new benefit opportunities for employees.
    The office in downtown San Francisco is top notch.

Cons

The company is growing at an incredible rate, but there is still need for more developers.

Advice to Management

Keep preaching the company values, and continue to reassess as we grow and achieve success.