Ripple - Worst career move I ever made | Glassdoor

"Worst career move I ever made"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ripple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked with some great people but that's all I can really say.

Cons

It's a sink or swim mentality. Extremely long hours, any lack of work/life balance. Inconsistent management and insensitive leaders. You can only be promoted if you are a frat boy, good luck if you are not a white youngster. HR is aware, they whine about management all day too but they're scared. If you are not with the brotherhood, you can be fired for no reason so it's all command and control. Poor ethics.

Advice to Management

Hold middle management accountable

Ripple2016-03-04
  1. "Best Company I Have Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ripple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ripple is a fast-growing company run by experienced leadership, and it really shows. The way Ripple is growing is focused and calculated, and things like 401k matching and charity donation matching are amazing things for a company of our size. Since we're growing fast, there are real growth opportunities for everyone, and the company is invested in each persons' career growth with a development stipend and Ripple-made training courses hosted by People Ops.

Cons

Continue to understand the competition, and take it seriously, as this space will keep heating up. We're in the very early innings.

Advice to Management

Brad and his team are amazing, humble, and approachable. Continue to set the tone for the company - it really does trickle down to all parts of the team.

Ripple2019-09-16

"Great Company, AMAZING team and culture"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator

I have been working at Ripple full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great leadership team that is authentic and transparent // Motivating colleagues who truly want to help you grow // Modern workspace with great perks; snack, weekly catered lunches, massages

Cons

Although we have pre-tax commuter benefits, it would be nice to have the company contribute any dollar amount to help with the rising Bart cost.

Ripple2019-08-19

Discover more reviews about Ripple.