Rise Broadband - Current-Human Resource Generalist... The truth about this place | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rise Broadband

"Current-Human Resource Generalist... The truth about this place"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Rise Broadband full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are wonderful individuals and truly know the meaning of teamwork. The department culture is upbeat and fun. There is opportunity for advancement if you work hard and prove yourself. There is continual learning and you touch on nearly EVERY facet of HR. As a Generalist you are able to work on everything... ADA, FMLA, Workers' Comp, Hiring and On boarding, Training, Performance Reviews, Disciplinary Actions, Terminations, Promotions, Compensation, any and all Legal Compliance.... it is endless, which is challenging but rewarding.
There is opportunity to interact with all levels of employees from Entry Level to Executive Management, Call Center to Tower Climbers, Accountants to Engineers.
The business itself is unique and if you are a business minded person there is plenty to learn outside of HR as well.

Cons

The company is growing fast and continues to acquire other businesses, this can be stressful.... but it is a good sign that the company is growing and not going out of business.
The hours are long currently but it is a goal of management to improve this. We seem to always be short staffed in the department because we are growing our employee count quickly. In the last year we have acquired nearly 150 employees. I see the root of the long hours and although it is difficult, I get it.
This job takes a lot of attention to detail and isn't a fit for everyone.

Other Employee Reviews for Rise Broadband

"Almost had a good idea"

Former Employee - Wireless Internet Technician in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Wireless Internet Technician in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Rise Broadband full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed dress as a technician, i.e. blue jeans and company polo. Paid mileage.

Cons

Poor wireless infrastructure. IA bought out a lot of "mom and pop shops" who could no longer support the amount of customers which makes for long work hours troubleshooting problems or a "chasing your tail approach". Your truck and tools, neither are cheap especially if you loose either. Expected to climb towers with very little pay in return. Cell tower techs hit $85,000/yr on the low end, the company wants you to do it for your regular salary of $35,000yr. Poor benefits wipe out your pay if you have a family. The company tries to be a well structured corporation with no structure leaving you flying at the seat of your pants and leaves the employee totally responsible for circumstances out of their control or beyond their job duties.

Advice to Management

Ditch the large corporation act, fix current infrastructure problems before the next mom and pop shop buyout, listen to your employees who are out there doing the work. Try to keep your quality people, in your largest service area you've lost most of your aces due to poor management.

"For HR, keep on looking for employment elsewhere..."

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Englewood, CO

I worked at Rise Broadband full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free parking, wearing jeans on Friday's

Cons

HR leaves a lot to be desired. Not a particularly well educated management team in this area.
    Ex HR employee, I keep posting here to help other potential candidates, and my reviews keep getting removed...isn't that interesting!!!

Advice to Management

Hire better HR Managers to help grow the company.