RiseSmart - Great company, great atmosphere, great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for RiseSmart

"Great company, great atmosphere, great place to work"

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RiseSmart is a great company to work for. The work we are doing is meaningful and impacting peoples lives on a daily basis. RiseSmart has a team environment and everyone supports one another. One of the best things about the culture is that the leadership is open to new ideas and dedicated to making things better. If you have a great idea it is implemented quickly - it doesn't take a ridiculous amount of time to get things done like it can in some organizations. Furthermore the company is great about supporting the goals of it's employees and creating an environment where one can thrive.

Cons

I don't think it is a "con" but rather something to be aware of. Everyone at RiseSmart works hard. It is a growing organization and with growth comes work. This is not a company where you will sit back and twiddle your thumbs. The nice thing is that management always strives to appreciate everyone for the effort they put in.

Other Employee Reviews for RiseSmart

"Ugly"

Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at RiseSmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you worked here for 3 months you were lucky...

Cons

....on the 4th month, if you didn't sell OP services to a F100 company with tons of bookings, you're gone!

If you're in sales, be prepared to destroy any relationship and credibility you had with your contacts-- this company only cares about your list of contacts.

Good luck explaining this debacle on your resume to your next employer!

Advice to Management

Sell the company or get out of the "helping people" business if you can't help your own employees. Place is fools' gold for employees and customers-- don't pretend otherwise.

"Honestly, the very best company that I've worked for..."

Current Contractor - Resume Writer in San Jose, CA
    Current Contractor - Resume Writer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at RiseSmart as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great pay, awesome team. The company does a great job of creating a very inclusive atmosphere and has a strong focus on producing excellent results. I feel that my contributions are valued and that my concerns are taken seriously. Management is great about communicating changes/progress and I just think it's wonderful to come in on the ground floor of such a unique offering. I hope to experience many years of growth with this company. I wish I would have come on sooner.

Cons

Work can be sporadic at times due to customer volume, which can make for a pretty unpredictable paycheck from time to time, but that really is the nature of the beast in the resume writing industry. It has always been a customer-driven feast or famine. Would like more opportunities for contracted workers to become a more permanent part of the company, but maybe that's coming in the future.

Advice to Management

Hire me full time (and throw in some benefits)!