Risk Management Solutions - I come back to work for this company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Risk Management Solutions

"I come back to work for this company."

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time

Pros

1. Mentally stimulating scientific work;
2. Can feel your contribution to the industry it provides products and services to;
3. Flexible work hours as long as jobs get done;
4. Flexible work location if you can demonstrate to management that you can still do a good job;
5. Compensation package is reasonable.

Cons

1. Open cubicles/desks and glass office/conference rooms are not the type of physical environment I like to work in. It is actually depressing to me and reduces my productivity. I miss the old work space where everyone has a well-partitioned but fairly roomy tall cubicle.
2. As the company grows, some common cultural issues seen in bigger corporations start to be felt.

Advice to Management

1. R&D work needs or demands a more enclosed working space being provided to individual undertakers;
2. Top management/executives should at least try to avoid appearing or being perceived arrogant, stressed or too cool by simply greeting employees at casual occasions.

Other Employee Reviews for Risk Management Solutions

1. "Interesting work, great people"

Pros

Think there is confusion - there are a number of companies called RMS... I work for the catastrophe modelling company which is different to the RMS in Bethlehem and others that seem to be getting bad reviews.

I think that RMS is a great place to work. The company is the industry leader in producing catastrophe models and the work is interesting and the people are fun and friendly. Some teams have been a bit stretched recently but that is partly down to being in a growing company and the amount of demand from clients for what we are doing... I would definitely recommend it to others

Cons

Some teams are stretched at the moment but the company is looking to address this.

"Good company, but with serious defects in certain executive management that make it difficult to see success for them"

Pros

Work-life balance is very good and the products are leading the industry

Cons

lack of crispness and execution focus