Risk Management Solutions - relaxed work environment with a scope to learn a lot about the naive field of catastrophic modelling | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Risk Management Solutions

"relaxed work environment with a scope to learn a lot about the naive field of catastrophic modelling"

Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Noida (India)
Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Noida (India)

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time

Pros

friendly colleagues
not too hectic a schedule
very comfortable timings, specially for female employees

Cons

very restricted area of work and expertise

Advice to Management

more interaction between different teams' works willl provide a wider perspective of growth

Other Employee Reviews for Risk Management Solutions

"Lovely people and a relaxed work atmosphere but few career development prospects"

Former Employee - Risks Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Risks Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Risk Management Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to mix with some very bright, friendly bunch of people and on the whole this is probably one of the most exciting type of modelling work in insurance.
    Salaries are decent but without the banking culture so work/life balance is surprisingly good.

Cons

Work not challenging enough and this can be very frustrating, esp when you're expecting to make good use of your advanced degree. This is role-dependent but work needs to be better linked to skills to ensure staff feel challenged.

"I come back to work for this company."

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time

Pros

1. Mentally stimulating scientific work;
    2. Can feel your contribution to the industry it provides products and services to;
    3. Flexible work hours as long as jobs get done;
    4. Flexible work location if you can demonstrate to management that you can still do a good job;
    5. Compensation package is reasonable.

Cons

1. Open cubicles/desks and glass office/conference rooms are not the type of physical environment I like to work in. It is actually depressing to me and reduces my productivity. I miss the old work space where everyone has a well-partitioned but fairly roomy tall cubicle.
    2. As the company grows, some common cultural issues seen in bigger corporations start to be felt.

Advice to Management

1. R&D work needs or demands a more enclosed working space being provided to individual undertakers;
    2. Top management/executives should at least try to avoid appearing or being perceived arrogant, stressed or too cool by simply greeting employees at casual occasions.