Risk Management Solutions - A place to be an individual and make your mark | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Risk Management Solutions

"A place to be an individual and make your mark"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Hoboken, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the most intelligent people I've ever worked with but also grounded, down to earth and humble. There is a great deal of information sharing.

I have the ability to try new things, and even with the risk of failure be supported by my team and upper management. (Yet to hear the words "We did that once and it didn't work!")

Because of our company size, the teams are smaller and people have the opportunity to really shine. This is not the place to work if you want to hide and aren't ready to "roll up your sleeves". Everyone has responsiblity and opportunity.

Cons

Majority of senior leadership is located in California and though they do travel extensively, their time in the remote offices is limited.

Advice to Management

Be more visible. We see a lot of Hemant but the other leaders tend to focus on their direct reports. Would love to understand what each leader brings to the table and the overall vision of the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Risk Management Solutions

"Ethical issues in leadership"

Current Employee - Engineer in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Newark, CA

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Relevant product, interesting research. Tones of support from its parent company DMGT. DMGT is a newspaper company based in the UK so it seems odd that they own RMS.

Cons

Owned by DMGT (really a newspaper holding company). DMGT CFO formerly worked for a Tabaco Company and was responsible for growth of these sales in Asian and Africa.

Advice to Management

How can you have a person who was responsible for selling a product known to kill people at the helm when RMS (the subsidiary of DMGT)?

It is really a shame that such talented people can turn there cheek to this.

Executives fire a bunch of people before bonus time to line the their pockets.
    Compensation is high because of a high attrition issue they have not been able to stem for years.

CEO inherited the leadership role from his father. RMS is his playground.

Their internal marketing team buries these messages but look through them all and you will see the recurring theme.

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

RMS give me tons of atonomy
    We are clearly aligned as a company
    Lots of support from upper management to be innovative and to take calculated risks
    Subject matter experts are valued
    Co-workers are friendly and I have great work/life balance
    Managers are accessible even the CEO

Cons

We are building out an entirely new cutting edge platform that will change they way we/industry do business. Change is always hard. We have a complex product that takes a while to get your head around.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with the employee base and continue to celebrate wins