Risk Management Solutions - Innovative company - great place to work for ambitious and pro-active people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Risk Management Solutions

"Innovative company - great place to work for ambitious and pro-active people"

Current Employee - Director in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Very innovative and fast growing company which continues to push itself to retain its position as the best in the industry.

- Get to work with smart and interesting people.

- I struggle to think of many companies that would have provided me with the wealth of opportunities to develop my skills over such a wide range of areas. I have built catastrophe models, involved in post-event reconnaissance missions, suggested and designed new products, presented to 100s of clients and advise on the benefits of RMS(one).

Cons

No company is perfect.... There is frustration and delays can arise as many decisions (esp. around development) are made by teams in California who don’t have enough knowledge about the market needs. If they improved the communication, consulted and trusted the advice of client facing teams in the other offices earlier in the process, then would minimise the amount of re-work required.

Reading some of the other reviews, there is often an expectation at the graduate/analyst level that RMS will define your career path as you would often find at a very large company. At RMS it is up to the individual to really drive their career and make the most and/or create new opportunities for themselves.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on cross-office and department collaboration - encourage all middle managers in California (no matter what department) to regularly visit client facing offices to build relationships with colleagues and understand the challenges they and our colleagues are facing.

Other Employee Reviews for Risk Management Solutions

"Fantastic, nurturing environment, surrounded by bright, independent thought leaders."

Current Employee - Risk Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Risk Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Diverse company working in scientific catastrophe modelling, capital markets, software and cloud technology. Many opportunities around the globe in a company that has grown immensely in recent years, with a permanent ambition to retain its spot as market leader.

Cons

At the moment it's not the most well-known company and it's hard to quite exactly explain what you and the company do. If you're looking to just be a number for BB or similar, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work; the open, friendly nature of the firm's most senior staff is what really makes this a great place to work.

"RMS surprised me. Given the size of the co I was expecting a 2 yr career but 4 yrs on & 2 promotions later Im still here"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting industry, innovative company with double digit growth, chance to work with bright award winning professionals in the scientific & tech field. Good global career opportunities.

Cons

Like most companies RMS has its share of politics.

Advice to Management

Better communications across groups