Ritchie Bros. - They are a mutli billion dollar company that's corporate headquarters is run like mom & pop shop. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ritchie Bros.

"They are a mutli billion dollar company that's corporate headquarters is run like mom & pop shop."

Pros

Senior management are excellent at communicating to their employees on all things Ritchie Bros. They also really believe they are doing well by their employees and seem to geniunely care about them as people.

Cons

The biggest frustration working at corporate headquarters is the lack of business accumen by many staff and lack of management's knowledge of best practices in business. To top it off, they seem very unwilling to call in expertise from the marketplace to help with this. Overall, this makes it a very challenging place to work because I know how much better it could run but am powerless in my position to make serious change.

Advice to Management

You are a great bunch of guys but seriously, there are some areas need a major rehaul to be brought into the 21st century. It ain't 1960 anymore.

Other Employee Reviews for Ritchie Bros.

1. "Great people to work with, love the company."

Pros

Laid back atmosphere, everyone gets along, fun environment.

Cons

Work alot of hours around sales, pay could be better.

Advice to Management

Put yourself in your employees shoes before addressing issues.

"My Experience @ RBA"

Current Employee - Sales Support in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ritchie Bros. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are so many goods things to share. First let me tell you, 10 years ago I attended an auction to help the front counter. There was so much excitement and energy - I thought "WOW", this is where I want to be. My co-workers are like my family and everyone is fun to work with. RBA provides the best learning tools to help you succeed in any position. The pay is great - the insurance is amazing. I look forward to driving to work every single day - for one day is different than the next. I love assisting the customers and look forward to seeing them on auction day. You have to see it to believe it - please check our website for the next unreserved auction and see for yourself. I hope to see you soon.

Cons

Honestly, no Cons to share...

Advice to Management

Management already knows that when you are good to your employees - they will work harder for you. My team is well rounded, no advice really needed at this time.