Rite Aid - Typical Drug Store Experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

"Typical Drug Store Experience"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall I think Rite Aid ran there Pharmacies pretty well. They didn't skimp on ensuring that we were supported with pharmacists.

Cons

Not a great company really. Don't expect anything from the company and don't plan on working there long unless you have no other options.

Advice to Management

Do something to make Rite Aid different from the rest of the drug store chains.

Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid

"Not worth becoming full time."

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You stay busy, not boring, fellow employees are usually good people to work with. Great health benefits at a low price if your under a union contract. I suggest if your looking for a par-time to earn an extra few bucks and need health insurance, then this place is not too bad to work for considering you only need a few hours to qualify for it.

Cons

Poor management. Hourly wage is extremely low unless you receive your Top Pay which takes quite a long time to acquire.

Management never appreciates your hard work and instead give you more, not mention they give you more headaches for not finishing things on time, when you absolutely can't.

Unfortunately it takes time to move up in management unless you "know" people or until someone "notices" your hard working efforts, which of course hardly ever happens.

Advice to Management

What's with cutting payroll hours? My store wins $XX million a year, places 2nd in our district and 4th place in sales in the entire country but yet it still needs to cut hours? I can understand for smaller stores but I mean for those that are busy I think it's quite ridiculous. There's only so much you can get done with the small amount of staff you have.

We have to open locked cabinets, get customer service on the floor, on the phone, and yes even pharmacy! Then scoop ice cream, take care of photo, check back stock, stock shelves, order merchandise, clean the restrooms, clean up spills, call field systems support to fix the out of date registers and computers we have. Call maintenance to fix the coolers, air conditioners, roof leaks, plumbing, and anything else that gets broken.

We have to do all that with only 4 employees scheduled?!?! GET REAL! It's no wonder our customer service is so bad. Heck even several customers have noticed how over worked and depressed we are and post it on their customer service survey.

2. "Union vs. Nonunion"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Rite Aid part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

co-workers were friendly and work environment was pleasant.

Cons

unable to transfer from union to non-union stores resulting in termination

Advice to Management

when transferring workers from different stores, try to keep workers in union or non-union stores only.