Rite Aid - Good company to build your resume | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

"Good company to build your resume"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company often promotes from within. Went from Cashier to Store Manager in 5 years. Many corporate oppurtunities if you're willing to re-locate. Upper management is way more friendly than any other retailer. Company matches 401k 100% for the first two years.

Cons

Company offers bonuses, but you won't see one because corporate charges stores $1,500 for every customer complaint & that comes straight off your bottom line. They also have stock options, but Rite Aid stock is about $1.50 a share lol

Advice to Management

There's no way possible all required projects can be done with the about of payroll allocated to stores. Management health insurance options suck.

Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid

1. "Rite Aid Pharmacy is pretty much what you make it"

Former Employee - Cashier in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier in Bronx, NY

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will get hours if you bust your rump.
    Plenty of chances to advance and be promoted.
    You can relocate your job.

Cons

The pay is horrible for any entry level position.
    Some Managers are pretty crafty when they want to get rid of employees.

Advice to Management

Train your Managers on how to not take things personally and keep the atmosphere fun and professional. Also sales can increase if everyone has the same mindset.

2. "Former Pharmacy Employee"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Rite Aid part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was good but be aware you will not be eligible for benefits until you are full time employed for 3 months because they "observe" your hours for a quarter before you are eligible for benefits.

Cons

Yeah, yeah, I know retail pharmacy can be difficult but... I actually googled Utah employment law to see if this was legal: I worked a 11 hour shift and was not allowed to take a lunch break or ANY break for that matter. If you had to pee you would hurry and get right back to work. If you had to eat, you ate standing up. If there were too many customers, you didn't get to besides chugging slim-fast shakes. I wasn't even the pharmacist. I guess in Utah it IS legal for a company to not offer an employee a lunch break so know that when you apply for a job. Wow! The work environment was terrible and the manager was constantly complaining every day. In fact everyone in the pharmacy was constantly complaining. The pharmacy manager actually told me that they would be afraid to send their own mother to a Rite Aid for an Rx because it's so understaffed they'd be worried about a mistake.

It would get really busy sometimes and nobody was allowed to take a break. By the end of a busy day silly mistakes would happen and I'm not kidding customers would be scared to know. You are not treated like a human being if you are employed there so you don't really care about the customer/patient. There was a break room for the non-pharmacy employees but it was not heated and by the shipment area so the temperature would be the same as the outside. It was snowing outside!! The non-pharmacy employees would wear their coats and winter hats sitting at this sad little table in a corner. That was the break area. It was like looking at HOMELESS people on the street. I know that no place is perfect but I was truly shocked at how this place treats their employees. It was a depressing place to work and that's why I got a job somewhere else. Not worth the headache.

Advice to Management

Treat the pharmacy staff like human beings. They need to eat. No wonder there are no pharmacists over 35 years old working at Rite Aid. They all look for other jobs.