Rite Aid - Rite Aid ate my life | Glassdoor

"Rite Aid ate my life"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are able and willing and you work hard you will get promoted. Having open availability helps a lot. Sometimes it's fun they really don't care if you're traditionally too young to be the boss I can't drink legally and yet I'm an ASM.

Cons

I work 11 days for every 2 weeks 8+ hours a day overnights closings followed by opening the next day every holiday except Christmas. I'm on call 24/7. You can choose 2 of 3 work, sleep, or social life. The pay is crap. They stores are not allotted enough hours to get everything that needs to be done done. Customers are terrible I've been punched, I've been yelled at because apparently there's no way to take 30 pills before they expire in a year and a half and therefore I should give them a discount. You can't do much anything to stop thieves accept pull low quality images from cameras and write down license plate numbers. If a thief steals something and you accuse them of stealing and can't prove it they can fire you. If you are tricked by scammers that the entire region is aware of and having trouble dealing with and catching you will be fired.

Advice to Management

Employee's are the most valuable asset , even more so than customers. When they see customers being treated better than them (petty complaints being acknowledged, customers receiving discounts equal to or greater than employees, and employees being disciplined for having even the least expectation of human decency from customers) They will grow to resent the customers and not want to help them as readily. Also Pharmacy and front end to be able to collaberate better so that both know what the other is doing and what their expectations are.

Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid

1. "An OK company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New Haven, CT

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No Pressure, friendly people to work with.

Cons

Lots of hours and heavy work

Advice to Management

Provide more benefits to employees

2. "This company is the worst run company ever!"

Pros

I work with great people in the pharmacy and they helped to work with my schedule while i was in school full time and worked full time. On the store level everyone worked hard with the resources they had.

Cons

Above the store level these people are idiots. I was robbed at gunpoint and the district loss and prevention manager said we got robbed because we had bad customer service? Idiot!

Advice to Management

The key to successful business is not cutting payroll its boosting employee morale. This is shown again and again. Thats why they have been losing money for so many years...