Rite Aid - Had poor management while I worked there | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

"Had poor management while I worked there"

Former Employee - Cashier in Wenatchee, WA
Former Employee - Cashier in Wenatchee, WA

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun co workers and loved the interaction with customers.

Cons

Poor management, lack of correct stock on hand and poor customer service for couponers.

Advice to Management

Send supervisors and managers to regular actual trainings not just online classes. Some managers and some supervisors were unnecessarily rude to co workers and customers even after these issues were brought to their attention.

Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid

"Not family"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Ware, MA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Ware, MA

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people I had working under me were a great team

Cons

I was forced to retire due to the fact that it seems as RA is trying to get rid of all the older Brook's employees. My store was the lowest in payroll hours available and the dm sent someone to help clean up the backroom, which really wasn't that bad. I did not ask for help but he wrote me up because he sent help. They are going around trying to eliminate for any reason the older managers.
    We did not run our stores, we were micromanaged. I also never got any kind of bonus because the guidelines were too high for a low volume store.

Advice to Management

Let the store managers run their store they know what sells and what the customers want

2. "Good company to build your resume"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company often promotes from within. Went from Cashier to Store Manager in 5 years. Many corporate oppurtunities if you're willing to re-locate. Upper management is way more friendly than any other retailer. Company matches 401k 100% for the first two years.

Cons

Company offers bonuses, but you won't see one because corporate charges stores $1,500 for every customer complaint & that comes straight off your bottom line. They also have stock options, but Rite Aid stock is about $1.50 a share lol

Advice to Management

There's no way possible all required projects can be done with the about of payroll allocated to stores. Management health insurance options suck.