Rite Aid - It's not the best but it's not the worst employer out there. A fair evaluation. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

"It's not the best but it's not the worst employer out there. A fair evaluation."

Former Employee - Wellness Ambassador in Orchard Park, NY
Former Employee - Wellness Ambassador in Orchard Park, NY

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Promitions generally are within the company, work-load is manageable, friendly associates/upper management, easy to relocate, phramacy employees treated best, management will work with you and generally are easy with absences or being late for work (as long as you call), and overall good managers.

Cons

There are a couple different things wrong with this company. One would have to be no time for family or any sort of social life. Management usually has a guidelines for making weekend work everyother weekend, but they are rarely followed. They also tend to make the same people work every weekend which is unfair to certain employees. No, personal paid time. Benefits are not so good. Another things is low pay, for certain positions but there sometimes is another problem with pay. If their is a holiday where the bank is closed expect your check to come in a day late. If you get a raise expect to wait four weeks to see the pay increase. Maximum of a 3% percent raise increase per year (standard for most companies today). They claim they want to pay you but do everything in their power to delay the process.

Advice to Management

Try to pay your employees in a timely manner, they work hard for you and their should be no reason for a delay in paying them, whether, upper or lower management. I mean you pay us bi-weekly isn't that enough?

I know times are tough, but at least offering better benefits would help your employees live happier and healthier lives. I mean you preach wellness but can't even offer better benefits to keep your own employees well. Personal time, their should be more of it. Sunday's could be elimated from some stores for the front end scheduling because their is little or no profit made on these day's by front end associates. Or you could opt. to make it manditory that no one work more than one consecutive weekend (with some exceptions of course). I firmly believe that if you treat your employees well that it will reflect in their work and Rite Aid has a long way to go to reach this goal.

I am from state where Wegam's is one of the biggest grocery store chains and people shop their just because of how well they treat their associates. I mean I even find myself wanting to shop their because I want to promote companies like that. So, these changes can not only help your employees but your communites' outlook on you as a whole.

Ps. I know we are a pharmacy, but the front end seems to be always lesser of a focus for the company. I think front end sales are just important as pushing drugs. On top of that the drug compliance program is a joke. We all know its cause you are losing sales by someone not picking up a prescription (lol).

I think the company needs to focus less on sales growth and more on helping people and the community. Helping people in an honest and trustworthy way is a sale because you get a customer for life.

Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid

1. "Great job to get into management."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Gainesville, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Gainesville, GA

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Room for personal growth
    Flexible hours
    Customers!!
    No day is ever the same
    Lots to do...time flys
    Freedom to run and make decisions to better the store

Cons

Some weeks can be long
    Working on holidays
    Not all stores are created (or managed) equally
    More payroll is needed
    Phasing out the Assistant Manager position

Advice to Management

As in any retail environment more payroll in the stores in greatly needed. Rethink the biweekly truck deliveries. The stores need more product. All this has created is a vicious cycle of bad inventory management and empty shelves.

"Pharmacist with Rite Aid"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the people you work with are lifetime friends.

Cons

Some of the people you work with are favored by upper management. A lot of back-stabbing and makes it difficult to do your job which is hard enough because there is never enough staff, Poor training. Human Resources too corporate to really know what's going on half the time. Very punitive company.

Advice to Management

Training! and then more training!! More staffing.