Rite Aid - Store Manager | Glassdoor

"Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Flint, MI
Current Employee - Store Manager in Flint, MI

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work environment, room to grow and rise up in the company.
Going in the right direction as a company.

Cons

Upper management could use some work. They are headed in the right direction, but could still improve.
Payroll isn't what it used to be, but what retailer has extra nowadays.

Advice to Management

Be more connected with your stores and more open to ideas and more open about when you are happy about a stores performance. Recognition where it is DESERVED is a must. This will have a trickle-down effect. More energy needs to be focused on that from the upper management teams. It will increase self esteem and pride in stores, which will in turn, increase productivity, employee confidence, and ultimately the customer experience and sales. And smile once in awhile. Also, we are held accountable for our actions at store level; the same should apply to those on higher rungs and in other departments.

Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid

1. "it became a living hell"

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Hempstead, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Hempstead, NY

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

customers, associates were the bright spots of my day

Cons

unenlightened management made many days intolerable

Advice to Management

survey customers and associates in a format which will elicit actual attitudes and concerns. current surveys are far to narrow in scope and allow for very little actual input

"It's not the best but it's not the worst employer out there. A fair evaluation."

Former Employee - Wellness Ambassador in Orchard Park, NY
    Former Employee - Wellness Ambassador in Orchard Park, NY

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Promitions generally are within the company, work-load is manageable, friendly associates/upper management, easy to relocate, phramacy employees treated best, management will work with you and generally are easy with absences or being late for work (as long as you call), and overall good managers.

Cons

There are a couple different things wrong with this company. One would have to be no time for family or any sort of social life. Management usually has a guidelines for making weekend work everyother weekend, but they are rarely followed. They also tend to make the same people work every weekend which is unfair to certain employees. No, personal paid time. Benefits are not so good. Another things is low pay, for certain positions but there sometimes is another problem with pay. If their is a holiday where the bank is closed expect your check to come in a day late. If you get a raise expect to wait four weeks to see the pay increase. Maximum of a 3% percent raise increase per year (standard for most companies today). They claim they want to pay you but do everything in their power to delay the process.

Advice to Management

Try to pay your employees in a timely manner, they work hard for you and their should be no reason for a delay in paying them, whether, upper or lower management. I mean you pay us bi-weekly isn't that enough?

I know times are tough, but at least offering better benefits would help your employees live happier and healthier lives. I mean you preach wellness but can't even offer better benefits to keep your own employees well. Personal time, their should be more of it. Sunday's could be elimated from some stores for the front end scheduling because their is little or no profit made on these day's by front end associates. Or you could opt. to make it manditory that no one work more than one consecutive weekend (with some exceptions of course). I firmly believe that if you treat your employees well that it will reflect in their work and Rite Aid has a long way to go to reach this goal.

I am from state where Wegam's is one of the biggest grocery store chains and people shop their just because of how well they treat their associates. I mean I even find myself wanting to shop their because I want to promote companies like that. So, these changes can not only help your employees but your communites' outlook on you as a whole.

Ps. I know we are a pharmacy, but the front end seems to be always lesser of a focus for the company. I think front end sales are just important as pushing drugs. On top of that the drug compliance program is a joke. We all know its cause you are losing sales by someone not picking up a prescription (lol).

I think the company needs to focus less on sales growth and more on helping people and the community. Helping people in an honest and trustworthy way is a sale because you get a customer for life.