Rite Aid - Not looking good for the future | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

"Not looking good for the future"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Chattanooga, TN
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

The health insurance is on a par with other similar companies. Full time employees are paid for all major holidays. Depending on store manager, you can have a very flexible schedule.

Cons

Due to cost cutting and downsizing, opportunities to advance are limited and pay has decreased in those positions also. The company overall seems to be on a downhill slide that it can't seem to stop. Sales in the southeast are dismal and there seems to be nothing coming to end this. If you make suggestions about increasing sales you encounter a smirk and chuckle as if you're an idiot. Stores are being run on skeleton staff, but we are asked to do more and more as if we can somehow do it through a positive attitude. We are not being given very good sales to compete with, our seasonal distribution is not enough to fill the seasonal aisles with and our upper management (DM's, Regional VP's)wants to reem us out every opportunity for things that affect our stores very little at all (micro-management!). We no longer have assistant managers, they were demoted to shift supervisors, with cuts in pay and hours. The managers are now hourly also. There seems to be no hope of moving up what with present or upcoming store closures in the area. We are on our third district manager in less than 2 years , so any hope you had of moving up dissappears each time they change and you start the process over again. There has been alot of turnover in the former eckerd stores since rite aid took over (especiall pharmacists, and that kills customer traffic). I I regret coming to work for this company!

Advice to Management

Give us better sales to compete with CVS and Walgreen's. The soda ads need to be better. Try not to give us so much to do each week(planograms especially!). We are running on few hours and can't do much more! Send us an order sheet for seasonal items if we wish to reorder items that sell well. Give us more freedom to merchandise our stores to suit our market. Give us more than 1 frigin week of vacation when we start with the company. Stop making everything other than a sale ring on the register a manager authorized function, I'm running to the register every two minutes! Have a trainer in each district that travels around to stores to train us on photo equipment, western union, pharmacy tech training, etc. Doing a quick test on a computer does not train us on these or other things. Since we are not given any time for training, everyone in this district does these by walking back and forth to the computer in between customers. We can't answer one question about the subject five minutes after it's completed! Get a more up to date computer system for the pharmacy, the system eckerd had was faster and more user friendly. The system now in place is antiquated! You would have happier customers and employees with a faster and more user friendly system. As I said the old eckerd system and even the older CVS and Walgreen systems from ten years ago were better than this crap the pharmacies are saddled with! This will improve the wait time and your pharmacy business which is the backbone of the whole store!

Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid

1. "Rite Aid Is Okay"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

It was a fun place to work. It was informal and unprofession, but still a good summer or college job. No career potential.

Cons

Might be too unprofession and informal. Management doesn't get paid enough, therefore they take it out on hourly paid employees.

Advice to Management

Ask (or beg) for a raise, smile, be friendly to those aroudn you that get paid even less than you.

2. "Need more staff in stores"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Buffalo, NY

Pros

Pros- Flexibility of work schedule

Cons

Stores understaffed in the front end.

Advice to Management

Front end management not treated as well as Pharmacy management, top management has forgotten that first and foremost we are a Pharmacy. They close the pharmacy and leave the
    front end open and all we get is complaints that the Pharmacy is closed.