Rite Aid - Not Bad | Glassdoor

"Not Bad"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

The hours are nice, it wasn't a 24 hour store. The other employees and atmosphere keep the place lively and fun.

Cons

The pay and benefits suck if you are just a cashier or servie rep. Management gets stressed by upper management and then turns on lower ranks.

Advice to Management

Keep your stress to yourself, min. wage is enough for someone to keep a smile on their face for eight hours at a time or care if someone is stealing a candy bar now and then.

Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid

1. "Was technically Eckerd's at the time"

Current Employee - Cashier/Clerk in Brookhaven, NY
    Current Employee - Cashier/Clerk in Brookhaven, NY

Pros

Breaks weren't bad, the pharmacy staff seemed like a nice bunch of guys. They offered me a position, but I had to go to school, which they seemed surprisingly upset at.

Cons

Quite a bit of tedium - I'm not one to enjoy standing still behind a register, but there wasn't that much to do otherwise. Was relieved on stocking days because I had something to occupy myself with.

Advice to Management

Keep on trucking, I guess. You chaps at Rite-Aid seem to be doing well enough to eat other companies, so I guess keep doing what you do.

2. "More pay"

Pros

Easy job, my co-workers are fun to be around and certainly improve the day. Managers are flexible in terms of your schedule.

Cons

Where to begin? There are too many tasks to be completed, and not enough time. The pay rate is absolutely awful. Promotions are given for no rhyme or reason.

Advice to Management

I suggest you do things such as, you know, pay your employees better, set standards which are expected, and actually reward employees for a job well done.