Rite Aid - Stressful, yet fun to work there. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

"Stressful, yet fun to work there."

Former Employee - Rite Aid Shift Supervisor in Kings Park, NY
Former Employee - Rite Aid Shift Supervisor in Kings Park, NY

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Many available hrs, good people, good experience, fun, flexible hrs, worked well with my school schedule, appreciated good/hard work.

Cons

On your feet a lot, slow raises, always busy, some grumpy workers (but where are there not?), short breaks.

Advice to Management

Full one-hour lunch breaks and increased employee discounts would make employees happier.

Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid

1. "Fantastic"

Current Employee - Mystery Shoppers Needed in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Mystery Shoppers Needed in Houston, TX

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We offer very attractive salary

Cons

Promotions,office culture and good salary

Advice to Management

Hard work pays

2. "Wouldn't recommend it... They are always expecting way more than ANYONE could do."

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are all great. Everyone knows what needs to be done and are always working. We work together like family.

Cons

The people that make the "rules" have obviously net worked in a pharmacy in at least 20 years. They want to give you no hours and expect you to get everything done. It's not possible. And how do you make people get flu shots if they don't want them. It's ridiculous that they make us ask people in July if they want a flu shot. I know I don't want mine yet!!

Advice to Management

You can't expect employees to get things done and be pleasant when we are working ourselves to death. The person inputting prescription should not be expected to stop and ring people out when they have "waiters" and most of the time it is impossible to finish a prescription in 15 minutes. We are constantly interrupted to ring register, and answer phones. The pharmacist has questions on the phone, at the drive thru, at the pick up window and at the drop off window. It is not safe to even try to fill a prescription in 15 minutes. When I go home from work, I am completely exhausted, but I still have family obligations. I should not be in tears when I leave work. The people that make the rules and expect things to be done or an unreal amount of flu shots, need to work in a store for a week and see if they can meet their own expectations!