Rite Aid - It's My Rite Aid and I Love It. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rite Aid

"It's My Rite Aid and I Love It."

Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Camp Hill, PA
Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Camp Hill, PA

Pros

Love the people, management takes responsible and praises those who do a good job.
I like how management gives cashiers jobs such as planograms to do, gives places to be creavity rather than stand behind the cash register all day. Recognition for smile and raptar are good for a boost in the employees attituides.

Cons

Pay could be better. Raises should be every 6 months rather than annually. Some mangement needs now training. I have worked there for 3 years and I know more about the store than the new manager just put in. I can also handle customers better than he ever will be able to.

Advice to Management

Look at pay advancements for the employees who dedicate so much time (3 years) to Rite Aid. We deserve some kind of reward besides a 3% raise annually. Management needs more training before actually being a "manager".

Other Employee Reviews for Rite Aid

"Good company, but they need to treat their Associates better."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toledo, OH

Pros

Pay wasn't bad. Associates were rewarded for good deeds, understanding of student schedule changes,management got along with customers and associates in a professional manner.

Cons

twenty-five cent raise after a year, management likes to put their work off on associates like plan-o-grams, 24 hour store switched to a 8am-9pm store randomly

Advice to Management

Please don't allow your associates doing and taking all of the slack for management go unrewarded. As an associate I was completing plan-o-grams and signs by myself while management got rewarded and all I got for being there a year was a 25 cent raise.

"Needs some improvement.."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Lexington, KY

Pros

I have been a Store Manager for more than 5 years. I like the atmosphere of the stores. Its a very small, everyone knows everyone work environment. Being the manager, I shape the attitude of my store, and, being that I have less than 20 employees, everyone knows each other very well and works with everyone on a very close, personal level. The company is finally taking a step in the right direction in regards to operations. (except that i do only have 2 front end cash registers now, that sort of puts "3 in line, its time" out the door). but overall, things are finally being evaluated at a store level. Hopefully, things will keep turning around!

Cons

50 hours a week, closing 2 nights a week, rotating weekends with the assistant manager? not possible... sorry.. there needs to be at least one front end management member with a stable schedule, in order to make a "stable" work environment within the store, especially in a 7-midnight store. the closing 2 nights a week makes it nearly impossible for closing shift followed by opening shift every week. The employee focus needs to be evaluated. turnover rate is extremely high, and if rite aid is going to be a local neighborhood caring pharmacy, familiar faces would be nice to see. 0 vacation 1st year, 1 week year 1-3, 2 weeks 3-7, 3 weeks after year 8. not very appealing in any industry. annual reviews? how about quarterly reviews? and a 3% raise for hourly employees annually? 8 bucks an hour with a 3% raise? 24 cent raise in a year? thats hard enough to give to an employee, let along to be on the recieving end of it.
    I'd like to see some comparisons with other companies in the industry, and see how we stack up. our stock share definately isnt stacking up right now, so i'm assuming the rest will follow suit?

Advice to Management

what has happened, is corporate level has been 100% focused on seeing those $$$ signs while forgetting there are other aspects to tend too as well. theres a whole company to focus on here guys, takes more than sales dollars and throwing around transfer coupons to succeed. transfer coupons arent gaining any loyalty. its like vote buying in politics, haha gonna bite you in the rear sooner or later.