Ritz-Carlton - Great company. They take care of their employees and stay competitive. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ritz-Carlton

"Great company. They take care of their employees and stay competitive."

Current Employee - SPA Concierge in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - SPA Concierge in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ritz-Carlton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay & raises, great health benefits, promote growth and continual skill refinement & education. All real problems in the work place have an opportunity to be heard and addressed. Their employees are very important to them. There are many events for employee appreciation.

Cons

There isn't much room for "individuality." They are very strict is appearance & attire. Sometimes their corporate protocol may not fit every specific situation and there isn't much room for negotiation or a case by case evaluation.

Advice to Management

Good and consistent communication is very, very key. Listen to all sides of the situation and try not to mix personal life and opinions with the work place.

Other Employee Reviews for Ritz-Carlton

1. "Valet Cashier Position - a broken job, no chance for advancement"

Former Contractor - Senior Valet Coordinator in Naples, FL
    Former Contractor - Senior Valet Coordinator in Naples, FL

I worked at Ritz-Carlton as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Valet team members are fun to work with

Cons

Inconsistent training by different team members. Inexperienced / hypocritical / malicious Front Door Management. Hours varied from 20 to 50 a week without warning. Unwarranted blame from all other team members/management in the front door area (cashier is accountable for every mistake made by the Valet team, regardless of involvement). No positive reinforcement only punishment (a job well done is expected and therefore not acknowledged, as I was reminded by the lead HR person after she asked for suggestions). No chance for advancement as cashier--The longer you stay on as Cashier the further you doom yourself to fail in the company. I was wrongfully accused of stealing by my direct Supervisor (she did not bother apologize when I cleared my name, she just said "Oh." and walked away). I was forced by my direct supervisor to complete job duties of some female employees because the jobs were too "yucky for them [females]". I was repeatedly warned not to take important issues to HR, as that would only cause more problems and make the situation worse.

Advice to Management

Do not hire a full time cashier at the beach resort in Naples. The burn-out rate is too high because of the constant blame and terrible variance in hours attached to the job. Devise a more effective hiring process. Compose a proper SOP for Cashier Position and cease the unreal expecations. Ensure proper Cashier Training by ONE person.

2. "Long term employee - great company, strong culture"

Former Employee - Human Resources Director in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Human Resources Director in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Ritz-Carlton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

amazing culture, selection and training is key, amazing colleagues

Cons

long hours, hard to maintain balance of life