Ritz-Carlton - Great Experience | Glassdoor

"Great Experience"

Pros

Love the people that work there

Cons

no downsides as i loved everything about the job

Other Employee Reviews for Ritz-Carlton

"AWESOME company... POOR/UNETHICAL management... :-("

Former Employee - Server in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Server in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Ritz-Carlton full-time

Pros

Great benefits, EXCELLENT pay, meeting celebrities and high profile people that are just regular people like us..

Cons

Management @ our property was horrible at employee engagement.. They took so much time instilling in us core values, but its all just for "show" and we all thought that made the company's culture fake! We knew it's just our property, not the company as a whole...

Advice to Management

Pay attention to Employee Engagement scores & not just revenues & expenses.. Ask yourself if the employee turnover rate so high & why.. The front-line employees are the company's GREATEST asset because WE make the guests want to return and be a guest for life...

"All about the bottom dollar and not at all about their "Motto", L&G serving L&G!"

Pros

Hotel discount. That's sad to say the only thing I can think of after all the years I spent with the corporation. I didn't even get a chance to use it that often too!

Cons

Management! They are ridiculous. They get absolutely no training in how to manage people only concerned with the budget. This company constantly trains the staff how to treat the guests but never instills those same beliefs or philosophy in the management. My supervisors were completely inadequate in how to deal with employee disagreements. They ignored any real concerns and only listened to a few employees who were considered favorites. They sat in office 90% of time and never interacted with employees, never got to know the staff that "made them look good and helped them earn their bonus". They would also "falsely" praise those that manipulated them. Upper management also had incentive programs all the time for each department which was a waste of time for the staff. Managers always made excuses for staff when concerns were brought up about staff performances. It seemed managers "felt sorry for" some employees who couldn't quite do their job correctly and who made mistakes all the time. It also seemed some employees could do their job any way they chose. The biggest concern was allowing staff to perform job duties in which they were not adequately trained in.

Advice to Management

Learn how to interact with people. Do not ever take sides because a lot of people are just out for their good and will tell you anything to get what they want. Listen to everyone's opinion and gather all the information before coming to your own conclusion. Be open to new ideas. Talk with your staff! Let them know you really are concerned about their well being, be interested in them, show them respect by getting back with them when they bring a concern to you. If more managers knew how to do this then employee retention and productivity would be higher.